Why do you need chondroitin?
A person's motor activity primarily depends on the condition of the joints, which undergo degenerative changes with age: less synovial lubricant is produced, which fills the cavity of the moving parts of the skeleton bones, so the cartilage begins to rub against each other and gradually collapse. There is also a deposition of calcium salts on the joints, the adjacent bone tissue increases in volume, compacted and deformed.
All these negative changes lead to pain, reduced mobility of a person. In addition, there is an increased risk of structural damage to cartilage, tendon tears with minimal stress, and sprains. All this can lead to partial destruction of the moving parts of the bones of the skeleton.
Unique effective component
Among the many drugs used to treat painful conditions of the joints, there are unique drugs - chondroprotectors that can stop the process of destruction and protect tissues from damage.
The main active ingredient chondroitin sulfate is a polysaccharide that makes up the carbohydrate part of complex proteins. It is produced by cartilaginous tissue and is considered one of the main components of periarticular lubrication. The main substance of which chondroitin consists is glucosamine. With a lack of the latter, the quality of periarticular lubrication deteriorates and an unpleasant crunch in the knees occurs.
Chondroitin has beneficial properties that are aimed at treating various disorders occurring in the moving parts of the skeletal bones, namely:
- It activates the synthesis of hyaluronic acid, thus strengthening the tendons, cartilage and ligaments.
- It has a powerful anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect, contributes to the rapid restoration of cartilage tissue.
- A special feature of chondroitin sulfate is its “ability” to preserve water molecules in the layers of cartilage in the form of reservoirs, creating an excellent cushioning effect and absorbing shocks and bumps, which leads to the strength of the connective tissue that makes up the joints.
- This substance inhibits the action of enzymes that destroy the structure and function of cartilage tissue, which leads to inhibition of the processes of joint degeneration.
- Chondroitin in the human body slows down the process of destruction of bone tissue and stops the loss of calcium.
- Increases the production of synovial fluid and improves its quality.
- Reduces the painful sensations of the altered joints and adds mobility to them.
- Interferes with formation of blood clots in a synovial channel.
- It improves calcium and phosphorus metabolism in cartilage tissue, intensifies the processes of its reconstruction.
The use of drugs with this main active ingredient stops the progression of such a serious disease as osteoarthritis, also nourishes the body with the necessary “building material” to restore and protect the cartilage cells.
Clinical studies confirm the effectiveness of dietary supplements
To compensate for the deficiency of these healthy carbohydrates, taking biologically active additives (BAA). The first drugs released consisted of high molecular weight fractions that were only injected intravenously into the body because they decomposed under the action of gastric juice.
Innovative technologies have allowed to obtain low molecular weight fractions of chondroitin, which are absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, without changing their structure, with further ingress into the cartilage tissue. Modern dietary supplements are extracted from the cartilaginous tissue of salmonids.
Clinical studies carried out repeatedly showed that the use of drugs based on chondroitin sulfate during the period of 1-3 months leads to the following positive changes:
- increase joint mobility;
- reduction of soreness and visible swelling;
- slowing the development of chronic arthritis;
- improvement of radiological indicators associated with the width of the joint space.
In addition, studies have confirmed that under the action of such drugs in the intestine slows down the absorption of fat, which leads to weight loss.
Who is welcome?
Indications for the use of this substance in the dosage form are:
- degenerative changes in articular tissues;
- osteoarthritis of any stage;
- hypertrophy of bone and cartilage erosion;
- joint pain;
- diseases of the shoulder, elbow and hip joint;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- after operations on the joints with the aim of speedy tissue repair.
Chondroitin is also used to treat inflammation in the moving parts of the skeleton bones.
This substance is not only important for the joints, but also improves the state of the connective tissue of the human body, including bone.
The required amount of medication is assigned depending on the weight of the patient and the stage of the disease. The minimum dose is 500 mg, the maximum is 1500 mg per day and is taken 2 or 3 times a day. The average daily dose is 1200 mg.
A persistent, effective result can only be obtained if you take the dietary supplements regularly for 2-3 months.
Who can harm?
Contraindications to taking drugs based on chondroitin sulfate are thrombophlebitis, poor blood coagulation and individual intolerance.
A secondary reaction may be an allergy, because the drug has an animal origin. In general, dietary supplements are safe and free from adverse effects on the gastrointestinal tract.
Disease easier to prevent
Chondroitin in the human body can get not only through medicinal forms and dietary supplements, but also with food, with the use of skin, tendons and cartilage of fish. But due to the factthat modern man has become less likely to include such products in his menu, plus excessive physical exertion, impaired metabolic processes and age-related changes in the joints are added, then chondroitin should come not only with food, but also as a finished product.
It should be understood that modern medicine is not yet able to defeat old age, but timely prevention will delay the onset of age-related changes and reduce the degree of their manifestation.
Warn the development of complications in the joints will help:
- healthy lifestyle;
- sufficient physical activity;
- struggle with extra pounds;
- reception of special vitamin complexes that improve the condition of the joints;
- balanced nutrition;
- regular physical training (yoga, pilates and swimming are best);
- no excessive stress on the joints in sports and at work.
Pharmacies have a large selection of pharmacological forms of chondroitin preparations: gels, ointments, injections, tablets. Depending on the problems that arise, it is necessary to find the right medicine for the treatment of damaged joints.
- Gels, ointments or creams are convenient for local therapy, because the active substance enters only locally in certain areas of the body. It is also worth noting that a very small amount of chondroitin penetrates the diseased joints through the skin and dermis, so this form of the drug should be used for a longer time, and it is prescribed in the initial stages of joint diseases, such as osteochondrosis.
- Tablets and capsules are easy to use and allow you to vary the dosage, which prescribes the attending physician.
- Injections are prescribed for severe pain in the articular tissues. This form of admission acts almost immediately, inflammations are promptly removed, and without delay, stimulation of cartilage tissue regeneration begins.
- Among chondroprotectors, dietary supplements are widely used. But now you can find a lot of fakes of this drug, so give preference to famous brands.
Before you start taking the medicine, you should consult with a medical specialist for the purpose of prescribing the desired form of the drug and the correct dosage.
If you take chondroprotectors for 2-3 months,it is possible not only to get rid of pain, but also to achieve sustained remission, and most importantly, to maintain joint mobility for as long as possible.
Eternal Flashlight or Faraday Flashlight
How to clean the microwave from heavy pollution
How does love come about
Victoria Beckham compared with a thin pizza
French style in our life (9 photos)
Retro style floor hanger
National Geographic Magazine Chose the Best Pictures of the Year