The recipe for this polenta
There are so many varied dishes that in order to try them all, you need to devote years to this. But it is better to choose only healthy dishes, such as polenta. And what is it, how to cook it?
What is this dish?
Polenta is a national Italian dish that is especially popular in the northern part of Italy. The name is beautiful and complex, but the dish itself is simple, as it represents the most common corn porridge, similar to the well-known hominy.
It is believed that corn was brought to Europe from America in the 16th century. The prototype of polenta is considered to be the ancient Roman porridge pulse. Initially, the dish was consumed only by the poor and peasants, but then the chefs began to improve and modify it, and now it is served even in expensive restaurants.
Traditionally, polenta was cooked in a cauldron by mixing corn grits with water and stirring the mass for 30-40 minutes. Then the composition was shifted to wooden trays, thickened, chopped and served.But this recipe is not the only one, today there are a lot of options for making polenta.
The use of polenta is explained by its main component - corn grits. It consists of sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper, biotin, fiber, carbohydrates and proteins, vitamins E, B, A, PP and many other useful substances. The caloric value of 100 grams of polenta is about 100 calories.
Here are some useful properties of polenta:
- With regular use of corn porridge will help reduce harmful cholesterol.
- Polenta improves the cardiovascular system, as it makes elastic and strengthens the vascular walls (thanks to vitamin C), and also nourishes the heart muscle (nutrition is provided by potassium).
- If you include such a dish in your diet, you can normalize the metabolism, which will not only contribute to weight loss, but also improve the performance of all body systems.
- Part of the fiber, firstly, normalizes digestion, and secondly, removes toxins and slags and cleanses the intestines.
- Polenta is very useful for the skin (not for nothing all the Italians are so beautiful and keep their youth for a long time)as it contains the vitamins A and E necessary for its normal state, which nourish and moisturize the skin, as well as improve their color.
- The dish can be called diet. Firstly, it contributes to the normalization of body weight due to the acceleration of metabolism. Secondly, it gives satiety for a long time. And, thirdly, in polenta a few calories.
- Phosphorus is good for the brain and noticeably improves its activity.
- Zinc, which is part, has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Since iron is part of corn grits, polenta is useful for anemia.
- It is worth noting that the composition of corn grits is not gluten, which means that it can be considered hypoallergenic.
Polenta is contraindicated in gastric ulcer and gastritis in the acute stage. In addition, if used excessively, it can cause constipation.
What kind of cereal to use?
To prepare a tasty and useful polenta it is better to use yellow or white corn flour. If you want a dish to have a thick consistency and a pronounced texture, select the wholemeal.
How to cook?
How to cook corn polenta? We offer some interesting recipes.
For preparation it will be required:
- 1 liter of water;
- 1 cup cornmeal;
- salt to taste
- Pour water into the pan and put it on the fire.
- When the water boils, salt it and start to gradually add corn grits, constantly stirring the mass with a spoon.
- When the composition begins to boil again (you will understand this by the bubbles that form), reduce the heat.
- Boil the polenta for about half an hour, stirring it constantly. Add water or cereal if necessary. The finished mass will easily fall behind the walls of the pan.
- Transfer the composition to a tray, give it the desired shape and cool.
You can make a delicious and delicious polenta with cheese. Here's what you need:
- 300 grams of cereal;
- 1 liter of water;
- 200 grams of any hard cheese;
- several bunches of greenery
- 30-40 grams of butter.
- Boil water and slowly, stirring everything with a spoon, add corn flour.
- Reduce the fire to a minimum and cook porridge for about half an hour, not forgetting to constantly stir it. Add oil at the end.
- Ready polenta move into a detachable form and cool completely (you can send it to the cold).
- Now cut the polenta lengthwise into several circles.
- Grate the cheese, wash the greens, dry and chop finely.
- Place a piece of cheese and greens on the lower circle, put the next circle, sprinkle it with cheese and greens too. Sprinkle the last circle lightly with greens and cheese on top.
- Send the polenta to the oven for just ten minutes, so that a light brown crust appears and the cheese is completely melted. Done!
List of ingredients:
- 1 cup cornmeal;
- 1 liter of milk;
- 3 tablespoons of honey;
- 50 grams of dried apricots;
- 50 grams of prunes.
- Cook simple polenta in milk.
- Prunes and dried apricots pour boiling water for 20 or 30 minutes so that they soften. Slice dried fruits if they are large.
- Mix the polenta with honey and dried fruits that did not cool down, put in a baking dish and send to the oven for 15 minutes.
- half a cup of corn flour;
- 1.5 glasses of water;
- 100 grams of cheese;
- 1 eggplant;
- 3 tomatoes;
- pepper and salt to taste;
- vegetable oil.
- Boil the polenta and add the grated cheese and salt to the hot mass.
- Eggplant cut into rings and fry on both sides in a frying pan.
- Tomatoes also need to be cut into rings.
- Put the finished hot polenta in an even layer in a baking dish, greased with butter.
- Put eggplants on top and then tomatoes.
- Bake the polenta in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
How and with what to submit?
Ready-made fresh polenta can be baked in an oil pan or even cooked on the grill and served as a side dish to meat or fish. This dish goes well with vegetables and various sauces.
Sweet polenta is a great dessert for tea. It can be served with jams, cream, jam, syrups and so on.
- Add different spices and seasonings, experiment with taste.
- You can control the consistency of polenta by changing the proportions of water and corn flour.
- Hard polenta can be cut with a regular knife, pizza cutter or even with a strong thread.
Be sure to please your loved ones with polenta!
Linen style - for brave fashionistas
Production of florarium
Bright standalone DIY lamp
What does heart tattoo mean
Scarlett Johansson shines on the red carpet with beloved Colin Jost
Characteristics of men and women Lviv in the year of the Tiger
New Year Topiary Fir-tree