The most popular dishes from Georgian cuisine
If you like Georgian cuisine, then try to learn how to cook some of the dishes related to it yourself. Learn the best popular recipes.
Legendary Georgian dishes
Before you start cooking, consider the most delicious and well-known dishes that include Georgian cuisine:
- Kharcho. This soup is originally Georgian, but it is also loved in many other countries of the former Soviet Union. And it is not surprising, because it is nourishing, appetizing and moderately savory, that is, what should be the dinner of a real temperamental Georgian.
- The horse of real Georgian hostesses is baking, and one of the variations is khachapuri. This is an aromatic cake with cheese, which is served hot and resembles a boat. And such a dish is especially masterly cooked in Adjara; accordingly, it is called khachapuri in Adjara style.
- Satsivi with chicken. Generally, Satsivi is a spicy walnut nut dressing with spices,but it fits perfectly and is often served with chicken, so when tourists and visitors ask for satsivi, they are served chicken under the sauce in question.
- Khinkali is an analogue of ravioli, which is characterized by the characteristic shape of the pouches, provided by the addition of seasonings with savory taste and incredible juiciness, which is achieved due to the presence of broth inside the dough.
- Lobio is a hearty and incredibly tasty dish of beans, which can be complemented by spices, vinegar and onions.
- Pkhali is a traditional Georgian snack that is very popular. It is a stewed vegetables with the addition of walnuts, turned into a paste.
- The famous chicken chicken is also from Georgia, and it is prepared under the yoke in a massive pan, due to which it is flattened and soaked with spices.
- Chikhirtma - rich thick soup, which, as a rule, is cooked on mutton or lighter chicken broth.
- Eggplant in a peanut sauce. In general, the natives of Georgia are very fond of eggplants, like nuts, so these ingredients are often included in the composition of traditional dishes.
- Chakhokhbili.Initially, the main ingredient was pheasant, but later it was replaced with chicken, and this dish was not affected at all. Preparing the product in its own juice, so it turns out very gentle.
- Ajapsandali is a dish consisting of vegetables and savory seasonings. Such a mixture is delicious.
- Satsebeli is a fragrant spicy sauce made from fruits, broth, nuts and seasonings. It is served with a variety of dishes.
- Chakupuli is cooked mainly for Easter from young tender lamb with the addition of plums and green tarragon.
- Shakarlama - Georgian national cookies with the addition of nuts.
- Gozinaki (a more understandable name is kozinaki) is a sweetness that is cooked from walnut nuts with honey in sunny Georgia. But other nuts or sunflower seeds can be used.
Recipes of famous Georgian dishes
Some dishes can be prepared at home. Below are the recipes.
Make your own khachapuri. To do this, first prepare the products:
- two glasses of yogurt or yogurt;
- three eggs plus one yolk separately;
- a glass of milk;
- 180 grams of butter;
- two teaspoons of dry yeast;
- 700 g of flour;
- 700 g of Adyghe or other cheese, for example, Imerta;
- hl sugar sand;
- st. l sour cream.
- In a little heated, but not hot milk, add sugar and add yeast, also add a couple of tablespoons of melted butter and a little flour. Leave the mixture for twenty minutes to activate the microorganisms.
- In the yeast mixture, enter curdled milk, two eggs and about half the flour (sift it). Start kneading the dough, batch of 80 grams of melted butter and the remainder of the flour. Put the salt. If the dough will stick to the skin, the palms can be moistened.
- Make a ball of dough, leave for an hour in the kitchen, then knead again and leave again an hour.
- Cheese must be rubbed, and then mixed with the remaining soft butter and one egg.
- Both the dough and the finished cheese filling should be divided into six or seven parts.
- Form a piece of dough about 7-9 millimeters thick from a portion of dough, then make a boat, pinching the edges on the sides and lifting the sides. Fill this kind of boat stuffing. Also form the rest of the khachapuri.
- Bake cakes should be baked at 190 degrees for half an hour. They are served hot so that the cheese is melted.
If you want to try the national snacks of Georgia, do phali. It will take:
- 350 grams of spinach;
- 120 g of peeled walnuts;
- two garlic cloves;
- incomplete spoonful of hops-suneli;
- st. l. pomegranate juice or wine vinegar;
- Spinach needs to be washed and dried, and then immersed in a container of boiling water for four to five minutes. Remove the green with a slotted spoon and let it run, then squeeze.
- Garlic, nuts, onions, coriander and spinach should be crushed, for example, scrolled through a meat grinder or placed in a blender. Should be a homogeneous paste. If it is liquid, try squeezing out excess juice from it. Next, add pomegranate juice or vinegar.
- Form balls from the mass, sprinkle them with pomegranate grains for decoration and serve to the table.
If you want to try the popular dishes of Georgia, make satsivi. Here is what you need:
- chicken carcass or about 800-900 g fillets;
- four onions;
- 500 g of chopped walnuts;
- half a head of garlic;
- a couple of art. l. wine vinegar;
- a little cilantro;
- a tablespoon of saffron and coriander;
- a pinch of cinnamon;
- a little butter;
- pepper with salt.
- The chicken must be boiled until tender. Strain the remaining broth, cool. Onions are peeled, shredded and roasted for ten minutes until transparent. Cilantro after washing chop up.
- Nuts should be crushed using a blender or meat grinder. Combine this mass with chopped cilantro, saffron, coriander, cinnamon. Also enter the pre-chopped garlic and vinegar. Now dilute the paste with broth so that it resembles a sparse porridge.
- Approximately one and a half liters of the rest of the broth boil, and after boiling, add the nutty sauce into it, constantly stirring it with a spoon. Cook everything on low heat for five or seven minutes, then add the pre-cut chicken and fried onions.
- Together under a lid stew for another ten minutes, pepper and salt. Then let the dish stand and serve it hot.
Let the Georgian dishes cooked with your own hands will delight you and your loved ones!
Eva Longoria no longer hides pregnancy
What can hurt a tooth after filling
Angelina Jolie tried to save the marriage with a tattoo
Tanzania is a heavenly and unusual place to relax
Pink cat Murzik
Ksenia Sobchak sat on the twine