Silk plaster - the fashionable decision for an interior
Have you decided to radically change your housing, making it modern and fashionable? Then use decorative plaster to cover the walls, which is clearly in the trend today. Its use in the interior of any room makes it a special charm and sophistication due to the structure of the material and color solutions, limited exclusively by the style framework and beyond the imaginations of designers.
The way of finishing the walls - plaster is not something new, but with the arrival of interesting modern materials to the market, it is gaining deserved popularity among the population, leaving paper and vinyl wallpapers in the past. Additional attractiveness gives it the ability to hide the defects of the walls and sufficient ease of application, which is important for both the old housing stock, and for new buildings. Fashionable versatile material is able to simulate any coating without special expenses, such as silk.
Description and application
To the walls in an apartment or house looked like wrapped with real silk, it is enough to buy silk plaster in the store. It is a dry mix, which is diluted with water according to the instructions and applied to the walls with a spray or spatula, and in some cases to the ceiling, if this corresponds to the designer's idea.
The dried-up room gives the impression of a silky structure, covered with a canvas without seams, with modulations of color and mother-of-pearl highlights. This is achieved by incorporating silk particles into the mixture, which can be natural or artificial. In comparison with similar liquid silk wallpaper, this method of processing walls is different:
- the uniqueness of the texture, by choosing a pattern and a rich palette of colors, which makes the surface look more luxurious and more spacious;
- the strength of the composition and the possibility of applying not only to the internal walls, with additional varnishing, but also to external ones;
- simplicity of the process and repair of damaged areas.
How to use silk plaster? In the interior of the house, apartment or office. This type of decoration will greatly enrich the design of any room with a fantastic play of light, pearl tints, depending on the viewing angle, and mysterious illusory drawings.
For offices, you can choose more strict colors, for home living rooms - bright, rich colors, and for the bedrooms the palette should be gentle, conducive to peace.
In some areas, the emphasis can be made on the figure, the saturation of the mixture of shiny components. The type of wall decoration in question contemplates the possibility of implementing unusual solutions and ideas.
Classification, texture, composition
The market of building materials has replenished with this innovation at the end of the last century. The first producers of expensive prestigious material were France, Turkey, Japan. Now the price per kilogram of the mixture has dropped significantly, because it was launched in Russia. But, regardless of the manufacturer, there are such types of decorative silk plaster:
- different textures and composition, but with artificial silk components;
- with natural silk fiber components, more expensive.
So, silk plaster is a finishing finishing material for walls, consisting of:
- from the substance for the bond of components - glue;
- from base in the form of polyester, cellulose or cotton;
- from filler - the most diverse, but always with the inclusion of silk fibers.
Sequins, quartz crumb and other components are used as fillers, allowing to expand the decorative functions. But the true luxury of the walls is given by large silk fibers.
Advantages of the finishing method
Decorative plaster is valuable not only the opportunity to exclude the alignment of the walls from the repair process, which is also very convenient. There is still a lot of positive things, which include:
- the ability to avoid the appearance of mold and fungus, due to special additives in the majority of the proposed materials;
- antistatic qualities inherent in the mixture;
- rapid elimination of damage, by wetting the damaged area for softening and leveling with a hand or trowel, and in the case of volumetric damage - the ability to restore a section of the wall with the stored frozen surplus;
- average thermal insulation and soundproofing, not inferior to ordinary wallpaper, are compensated by the quality of echo muting;
- the most harmonious combination of materials when finishing all the surfaces of an apartment with the same method - walls and ceiling;
- the simplicity of execution, accessible even to beginners in the matter of repair, in the presence of desire and accuracy.
They are also available, like any other method of surface treatment. Basically, the flaws appear when applying decorative plaster in the apartment on the walls of some rooms. We give the following examples:
- hallways such as a corridor are not recommended for this finish, as they are most susceptible to mechanical damage, which leads to frequent damage to the appearance of the plaster;
- in the design of the kitchen, too, it is not necessary to include the silk version of the treatment due to the presence of fibers of fabric in it, which contribute to the absorption of all odors, giving the room a constant specific flavor;
- the initial application of light-colored plaster on a dirty surface threatens to damage the color of the walls, so it must first be put in order;
- Since the plaster is subject to razmokaniyu, it is worth protecting it from moisture, which can be done by varnishing the wall, but with the impossibility of further repair in case of damage.
Independent wall covering
You can create a unique interior of the house with your own hands, then it will become even more unique and delightful. Moreover, it is not difficult at all to apply plaster yourself.Follow this guide, and everything will work out for you!
- Prepare a container in which you will dilute the mixture. Fill it with warm water in the amount indicated on the bag and empty the contents.
- Mix all well until a homogeneous mass without lumps.
- The resulting volume should be enough for the entire wall. The excess is added to the next batch to avoid unevenness of the color of the painted surface.
- Before putting plaster on a wall, it insist twelve hours. It is convenient to do this in the evening, on the eve of the day of the upcoming work. Before use, mix everything well again.
- The process takes place with a spatula, its angle of inclination is fifteen degrees. Start applying the plaster should be from the corner of the wall. The thickness of the layer is one and a half to two millimeters.
- You can correct the result with a wet spatula after a few hours. This will help make the wall more smooth and even, but will increase the drying time up to three days.
- To accelerate the drying process, heaters are used in winter or ventilate the room in the summer, which does not affect the quality of work in any way.
- The remnants of the mixture can be saved for subsequent needs by freezing them. Moreover, the composition will retain all its qualities, and will not differ from the fresh in appearance and method of application.
- When using the purchased ready-mix, it can be immediately applied, pre-stirred.
The decor of silk plaster is an opportunity to get a luxurious result at an affordable price by implementing the most interesting ideas of designers.
Down jacket or fur coat The most fashionable outerwear coming winter
How to get rid of terrible split ends of hair
The best gifts for the New 2015
7 pairs of trendy sneakers for the winter
Fashionable and different spring makeup (15 photos)
Chahokhbili - we prepare tasty, fragrant and simple
10 useful foods that you eat wrong