Secrets of cooking the perfect minestrone soup
Soup is a main dish that can be not only satisfying, but also appetizing and even unusual. If you want something new, and the usual recipes are fed up, try making a fragrant minestrone.
What is this dish?
Minestrone is a traditional Italian soup, which is one of the main and most popular dishes of this country's cuisine. It is prepared from vegetables, and, as a rule, seasonal, and therefore acquires a fresh taste and a characteristic bright aroma. The more ingredients will be included in the composition, the better, and the name reflects this diversity, because “minestrone” translates as “big soup”, “soup”.
A variety of vegetables are used for cooking, as well as melons and legumes, for example, beans, tomatoes, peas, pumpkin, asparagus, onions, zucchini and much more. Usually, all components are cooked until cooked, but sometimes they are fried in olive oil, which is so loved and appreciated by all Italians.Sometimes the soup includes cereals (especially rice) and pasta. The classic recipe for minestrone is a somewhat vague concept, because there are a lot of variations of the dish, and each hostess has her own secrets.
How to cook a delicious soup minestrone? We suggest to consider several interesting options.
Try to cook a delicious light vegetable soup, which will satisfy hunger, but will not cause heaviness in the stomach.
The list of ingredients is as follows:
- two bell peppers;
- head of red or purple onion;
- 150 g of stem celery;
- a small bunch of celery;
- two fleshy tomatoes;
- two garlic cloves;
- 300-400 g of pumpkin;
- 2 liters of broth or plain water;
- half a cup of olive oil;
- First you can immediately prepare all the vegetables. Onion after cleansing finely chop or cut into thin semirings. Peel, chop or chop the garlic in another way. Remove the Bulgarian pepper from the seeds and stems, cut into strips. Tomatoes must be cut into cubes, and celery - rings. Carrots are preferably either rubbed or kneaded with a thin straw.Peel pumpkin seeds and chop them to make medium-sized cubes.
- Heat a portion of the butter in a pan. On it, fry the carrots and onions first so that they soften slightly. Then add pepper and pumpkin. After five minutes, add tomatoes and celery, and a minute later add garlic to the rest of the ingredients. Pour in the rest of the oil and simmer the vegetables for just five minutes under the lid.
- Bring broth to a boil, move all stewed vegetables into it. When the soup boils, reduce the heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Chop celery greens, add to the soup with salt, after three minutes, remove the pan from the heat.
Delicious and nourishing minestrone will turn out with beans. For its preparation is required:
- 150 grams of beans (use white, it is more tender);
- three large tomatoes;
- 100 g of peas (frozen or prepared canned);
- three garlic cloves;
- three or four celery stalks;
- white onion;
- 1.5 liters of broth;
- a third of a glass of olive oil;
- hl ground rosemary;
- a bunch of basil;
- If you decide to use raw solid beans, then soak it for the night in cool water, and then cook until soft (be prepared that it will take a lot of time).
- Now, take care of the vegetables.Onion can be cut into thin semirings or chopped. Rub carrots on a large grater (you can cut it into strips). Garlic after pre-cleaning in any convenient way chop. Celery, washing, cut into rings.
- Cook the tomato sauce. To do this, dip the tomatoes for two or three minutes in hot water or pour over boiling water, then remove the skin. Then in a blender with garlic and washed with basil turn them into puree.
- Pour oil into a thick-bottomed pot when it begins to boil, put onions and carrots, reduce heat and simmer for a couple of minutes. Then add the thawed peas (if you use canned, then it is added at the very end). After three minutes, enter the celery. Cover the pan with a lid, stew ingredients on a small fire for seven to ten minutes.
- Pour in the broth, immediately put in it the cooked boiled or canned beans. After three to five minutes, add tomato spicy sauce in minestrone and add rosemary.
- Under the lid, boil the soup, reduce the heat, salt in five minutes, and after another three minutes, turn off the heat, but do not remove the lid, so that the minestrone is present and does not lose flavor.
This recipe involves cooking spicy minestrone.
List of ingredients:
- small broccoli;
- 150 g of celery root;
- bunch of basil (can be replaced with parsley);
- a peel of one small lemon;
- two tsp. lemon juice;
- 300 g of cauliflower;
- 70-100 g pine nuts;
- 100 g of small pasta;
- 2 liters of water;
- olive oil;
- Rub carrots, chop onions, fry everything together in oil.
- Broccoli and cauliflower cut or hand disassemble into small florets. Celery cut into strips or rings, and chop the greens of basil.
- Boil water in a saucepan and boil broccoli, cauliflower and celery into it. When all this becomes soft, in the broth, run the roasted carrots and onions, continue to cook the soup.
- After about five minutes, add the zest and lemon juice, chopped basil to the soup. Also enter and pasta.
- Fry the pine nuts in a skillet without oil.
- Salt the soup, cover with a lid, and after a couple of minutes turn off the fire.
- Pour the minestrone into plates, decorate each portion with a handful of nuts.
Tips to make your homemade minestrone tastier and more aromatic:
- The main feature of this Italian dish is its seasonality, so feel free to add any seasonal vegetables and other ingredients, such as eggplants, cabbage, zucchini and so on.
- Haste in preparing minestrone is not only not the best friend, but also a real enemy. Any Italian cook knows that slowness is the key to a tasty soup, and therefore all ingredients should be cooked and stewed over a small fire. If roasting in olive oil is supposed, then it should be slow so that the product absorbs the aroma of the oil, becomes soft and tender.
- The more dense the minestrone turns out, the better (a spoon can stand in it!). And in order to give it a delicate texture, some of the ingredients can be removed from the soup, crushed, and then returned to the dish.
Take a delicious minestrone soup and delight your family with it.
How to make a pink bear
A year ahead: the fashion trends of the next autumn and winter
Does osteopathy work, or why are ineffective treatments popular
How to make life easier on sedentary work A simple simulator for a penny will help
Karl Lagerfeld for the first time in 30 years, changed the image
Useful properties of cherries. Cherry dishes
Making cake with mastic