Is it worth trying alginate masks?
Today, on the shelves of cosmetic stores you can find a variety of means. Cosmetology is developing at a rapid pace, and scientists are discovering more and more new unique components that are able to most positively affect our skin. For example, a few years ago no one even heard about alginate masks, but today they are popular and managed to catch the fancy of many.
What it is?
The main active ingredient of any alginate mask is alginates, which are salts (for example, sodium, ammonium, calcium, potassium, and others) of alginic acid. In its essence, alginate is a multimolecular polysaccharide.
And what interesting properties do such substances have? First, in nature, they are found only in a single species of plants, namely in brown algae, the benefits of which many have already learned. Secondly, alginates contain hyaluronic acid, which is so necessary for our skin and the development of which over timeis slowing down. This acid attracts moisture to the cells of the epidermis, providing the skin with freshness, elasticity and healthy appearance.
Today, alginate masks can be purchased at a pharmacy or cosmetic store. Some of them are available in the form of a gel ready for application, others are a powder that must be diluted with water. But cosmetologists often use special serums or mineral water instead of water.
There are different types of alginate masks:
- Basic alginate masks. The composition includes only alginates, this composition is universal and absolutely hypoallergenic.
- Alginate mask with chitosan. There is an easy, but noticeable lifting effect, as well as deep hydration.
- Alginate mask with chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is a substance that is found only in green plants and is capable of processing environmental air, so masks with such a component help to saturate the skin with oxygen.
- With collagen. Collagen should be contained in the skin, since it is he who is responsible for its elasticity.
- Alginate mask with ginger allows to eliminate inflammation, and also to clean the skin from pollution.
- Masks with ascorbic acid (vitamin C), firstly, increase the elasticity of the skin and eliminate fine wrinkles, secondly, eliminate pigment spots and even out the color of the skin.
In what cases are alginate masks shown?
We list the main indications for the use of masks based on alginates:
- first signs of aging;
- small mimic wrinkles;
- unhealthy skin color (for example, yellowish or grayish);
- enlarged pores;
- excessive dryness of the skin;
- increased sebum production;
- acne, pustules;
- skin inflammation, redness;
- reduction of skin firmness and elasticity;
- the swelling of the face.
As for contraindications, the only one of them is the individual intolerance of the components. But alginates are almost not capable of provoking the development of allergic reactions, but other auxiliary or additional components (for example, ginger) can cause allergies. And therefore it is better to test the composition on a small area of the skin before use to observe the reaction.
The use of alginate-based masks will allow to achieve the following results:
- The skin is saturated with oxygen and vitamins and will get a beautiful and healthy look, its properties will significantly improve.
- The effect of deep moisturizing allows you to forget about dry and flabby skin.
- Pimples, acne and inflammation will become less noticeable, and with regular use will disappear completely.
- Blood circulation will improve, which means that the regeneration processes will start, as well as the production of elastin and collagen.
- This is an excellent prevention of premature aging of the skin.
- You can get rid of such problems as swelling of the face and bags under the eyes.
- The skin becomes less sensitive.
- The production of sebum is normal.
Advantages and disadvantages
Here are the advantages of alginate masks:
- Versatility. These masks are suitable for all skin types. They can both moisturize dry skin and reduce the production of sebum and make the skin less oily. In addition, for problematic skin, these tools are also suitable, as well as cope with inflammation.
- Alginate masks have a wide range of actions and will help get rid of a wide variety of problems, so that one single tool can replace several.
- Ease of use.You will only need to apply the composition on the face and wait.
Now some flaws:
- Masks of high quality, made by proven manufacturers, have a relatively high cost.
- There is a risk of running into a fake. That is why you should not buy suspiciously cheap money or buy masks in underground stores or from unverified suppliers.
How to use?
How to apply alginate facial masks? In general, it is desirable to carry out such procedures in the beauty salon. But if you wish, you can use these tools at home. Here are the basic steps of applying:
- Preparation of the skin. The first thing you need to remove makeup and clean the face from dirt. Use a milk or make-up remover and scrub (but not more than twice a week).
- A thick cream should be applied to the eyelashes and eyebrows so that the mask components do not begin to interact with them (this can lead to discoloration and even loss).
- Now you can apply an additional tool. The fact is that alginates increase skin permeability and literally deliver nutrients to the deep layers of the epidermis,so any composition inflicted under the mask will be much more effective. You can use essential oils, emulsions, serums, and so on. Choose a remedy depending on skin type and problems.
- Next, you should prepare the mask itself. If you purchased the finished gel, then proceed to the application. If before you powder, then dilute it with water or some other liquid (mineral water or micellar). As a result, you should get a mass, the consistency of a rather thick cream.
- Proceed to the application. Use a spatula and evenly apply a mask on the skin of the face, avoiding the area around the eyes and mouth. It is best to apply on the massage lines (from the chin to the ears, from the tip of the nose to the bridge of the nose and from the middle of the forehead to the temples).
- Then lie down comfortably and wait for the composition to harden. After about 10 minutes, you begin to feel your skin tightening. This is normal.
- After half an hour, you can begin to remove the mask. This is easy, as it will look like a film. Start with the chin and remove the entire mask, discard it.
- Now you can apply the cream that you usually use.
Reviews about alginate masks are almost all positive. Many people notice the effect of the first use. But significant changes are observed with regular use.
The price of alginate mask can vary from 100 to 1000 rubles. It all depends on the amount of packaging, the manufacturer and the properties of the composition.
May your skin be always beautiful and young!
Big game and 5 more new weekend movies
How to avoid becoming a victim of emotional abuse of her husband
Low-density lipoproteins and atherosclerosis
Where to go abroad for winter vacations cheap
What to do if the stomach is very puffy
Congratulations to mother on March 8