How to plaster the walls on your own
The outer walls of apartments, especially in prefabricated houses, freeze through during the cold period of time. The apartment becomes damp, black, wet spots of mold fungi appear in the corners. I don’t want to return to such an apartment after work, and there are not enough funds to invite repairmen. The only solution is to carry out these works independently. First we heat the walls. The most common insulation is foam. We sheathe the walls of the room with insulating material and proceed to plastering. These two processes will help to isolate the walls from moisture, increase the insulation of the apartment and reduce noise aggression.
Plastering on the insulation has its own characteristics, which by the technology of execution differ from the usual plaster and you can get acquainted with the specific process in detail on the website moy-domik.com. For plastering polystyrene plates, it is better to use ready-made universal adhesive mixtures.The output data and instructions for preparing such a solution are indicated on the bags and they must be strictly followed. Universal adhesive mixture is used for gluing plaster mesh, applying an equalizing base and finishing plaster layer on the wall. Poor and improperly prepared solution can ruin all the work.
On a heater we apply a solution with a layer of 2-3 mm. Then roll out a roll of plaster grid (mesh 5x5 mm) on the glue base. Choose a mesh resistant to alkaline medium. Embed it in the thickness of the plaster composition, pressing and smoothing with a metal spatula or a trowel. We overlay the slopes and corners of the room with strips (30 cm) of the same grid or perforated corner. A further cycle of work carried out according to the following scheme:
- Leave the wall for 24 hours to dry.
- The plaster mix dried on the grid is rubbed with a special plastic grater with emery cloth.
- To evenly apply a leveling layer, install beacons.
- Plastering start from the bottom, throwing the solution between the lighthouses. Align with a wide spatula to form a layer about 2-5 mm thick.
- Let the leveling layer dry out (at least 24 hours).
- Remove the lighthouses before the plastering layer dries out and seal the holes from them.
- The dried layer is again rubbed and primed.
- Spackulate the surface of the walls in a single layer.
- After the next drying of the wall, we sand with fine-grained sandpaper.
The room is ready for decorative painting or wallpapering. Dampness will leave the apartment. It will always be dry and warm.
Decoupage is an interesting hobby that brings money
National Geographic Magazine Chose the Best Pictures of the Year
How to make juices with pulp
Jennifer Garner is the new meme after the Oscars
What earrings will suit you