How to maintain mental health?
The modern rhythm of life makes you experience and experience stress. And some situations are literally unsettled and have a very negative impact on the psyche. Is it possible to preserve mental health? And what to do?
What is mental health?
Mental health is, above all, the absence of any abnormalities and mental illness. But sometimes even a completely healthy person is in an unstable state and has problems in the emotional and psychological spheres. And therefore, a more precise definition of the concept under consideration is a social and psychological well-being that allows you to live a full life: to realize yourself and unleash your potential, work productively, feel satisfaction, make a certain contribution to social life.
If the psyche is stable, then a person can fully live, adequately respond to any situation, contact and interact with others,to build personal or family relationships, to be creative, to adapt to difficult conditions, to take initiative, to take responsibility, in general, to do everything that helps not only to exist, but also to achieve the best quality of life.
If mental health is impaired, then it can manifest itself in almost all areas of life, ranging from family relationships to a career.
Possible signs of deterioration in mental health:
- difficulties with socialization, inability to contact and negotiate with people;
- inadequate response to stress;
- inability to control one's emotions;
- unwarranted aggression;
- fears, a sense of inferiority or failure;
- fear of responsibility;
- unwillingness to learn something new;
- problems in your personal life or family;
- strange behavior.
All these symptoms not only position a person as inferior or abnormal, but also prevent him from living, and sometimes break his life. And that is why it is important to constantly and carefully monitor your mental health, and from an early conscious age.
Factors affecting mental health
The following factors can directly influence the psyche:
- relationships in the family or in a couple;
- work and position;
- degree of responsibility (to relatives, children, superiors);
- financial well-being;
- living conditions;
- character traits and temperament;
- living conditions;
- emerging stressful situations.
How to strengthen the psyche?
How to keep your mental health? Since it depends on many factors, then you need to act in a complex.
The main steps towards a sustainable and healthy psyche:
- Observe the daily regimen. If you do not fully relax and get enough sleep, then your nervous system will literally work for wear, which will certainly lead to malfunctions and malfunctions. To avoid this, lie down and get up at the same time, sleep at least eight hours a day, keep a balance of work and rest, do not overdo it. If your body adjusts to a certain mode, it will work smoothly, respectively, the functioning of all its important systems, including the nervous one, will normalize.
- Eat right and balanced. The state and functioning of the nervous system directly depend on the food consumed and the nutrients it contains. And vitamins of group B, zinc, selenium, polyunsaturated fatty acids are especially useful for mental health. Use more greens and green vegetables, cereals, seafood and sea fish, fruits. But from the fat, sweet, flour, fried and pickled is better if possible to give up. You should not eat canned food, fast food and semi-finished products. And also limit the use of alcohol, it has a negative effect on the nervous system.
- Watch your health. Chronic diseases that accumulate over the years are dramatically exhausting, they force you to limit yourself and experience discomfort, and this is also not at all useful for the psyche.
- Play sports. It tones up, improves the work of important systems of the body, helps to become more disciplined, improves mood, and sometimes helps to relieve stress and get rid of unpleasant emotions.
- Learn to accept your feelings. They are in every person, and it is this feature that distinguishes people from other living organisms.So do not reproach yourself for fears, get used to emotions, do not be ashamed of your tears. If you constantly keep everything in yourself, then at some point a real explosion can occur, and it will certainly undermine mental health.
- Find a way to splash negative emotions. Try to beat the punching bag, fight with pillows, shout, listen to loud music.
- Learn to control your emotions. At first it will not be easy, especially if you are by nature an impulsive and temperamental person. But if you constantly train, you will soon achieve excellent results. Some exercises will help in this. For example, if you feel that you are about to "explode", then try to breathe deeply and concentrate on your breathing. The invoice is also effective in the opposite direction. If you have a well-developed imagination, close your eyes and imagine that you are in space or on a desert island. Such simple techniques will help you learn to distract and abstract.
- You can find a lesson that will give you positive emotions. It can be dancing, knitting, singing, embroidering, traveling, shopping and so on.Most importantly, the hobby does not harm you and others and helps to achieve harmony.
- Learn to relax and look for new ways to relax. Some are helped by a douche or a warm bath, others are lonely, the third is soothed by music, the fourth ones notice the effect of aromatherapy.
- Find out your weaknesses. Knowing them, you can minimize the impact of negative factors or even reduce it to zero. So, if you are a sentimental person, then you better not watch melodramas and not read news about murders.
- Learn to think positively and see the good in everything. This is not easy, but optimists are much easier to go through life, they are more resistant to stress and active.
- Seek support. It can be provided by relatives, friends or just strangers on a thematic forum. But do not get involved, because, first of all, you should rely on yourself.
- Develop your talents and abilities. Psychologists have long proved that creative activity is good for mental health and helps to cope with stress and to throw out negative emotions.
Remember that good mental health is the key to a full and happy life!
How to knit socks and crochet - tips and video examples
How to determine whether a business idea will be profitable
How to get porcelain skin
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal flu in adults and children
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie reconciled