How to eat Thai eggplant?
Thai eggplant is a herb from the genus Nightshade. Other names are often used for the name of this crop, for example, pea eggplant, and the fruits are called apple eggplants or cherry, depending on the size.
Thai eggplant can be considered an excellent food product, improving the function of internal organs, with good taste and beneficial properties that are preserved when properly prepared. If desired, the plant can be cultivated in our country to diversify the diet and prepare Thai dishes, which fans are in sufficient quantity among the compatriots.
Eggplant comes from the Middle East, India and South Asia, but over the years the area of its cultivation has expanded considerably, by importing seeds to other countries, with the subsequent breeding of several new varieties.
A perennial plant is still found in the wild, but its fruits leave much to be desired.But his cultivated one-year-old version, grown in greenhouse conditions and on the backyard plot, gives a good harvest of high-quality fruits, albeit subject to compliance with all the requirements, which are many:
- the lack of temperature extremes with frosts, with maintaining the temperature within twenty-four to twenty-eight degrees Celsius;
- sufficient watering, with the observance of the soil moisture level of eighty percent;
- good lighting and fertilized soil.
A shrub with large green leaves can grow to a meter and a half, becoming covered with single flowers or buds during the flowering period, which begins in July and ends in late September, and then with small round fruits.
Thai eggplant is usually green, but may be purple, with a consistently crispy texture, and the preservation of elasticity by the pulp during heat treatment, which distinguishes it from the oblong “blue” habitual for our latitudes.
What is it made of?
Thai eggplant is not inferior in nutritional value to many vegetables, berries and fruits, because it has an abundance of useful substances that help to maintain health and maintain vitality of the body.Fruits of different varieties of plants differ in the level of some valuable components, and the differences are observed in the framework of single-varietal fruits, but grown in excellent conditions.
The basic structure of eggplant includes vitamins, mineral and organic substances, and its caloric content varies within twenty-two to twenty-four kilocalories per hundred grams of product. Nutritional value is provided by components in the form of:
- water and ash substances;
- dietary fiber and proteins;
- carbohydrates and fats.
Vitamin composition is rich in a variety of elements - vitamins C, PP, B6, E, B2, B1, beta-carotene, vitamin B9. The flesh of the fruit abounds in mineral substances in the form of potassium and copper, chlorine and phosphorus, sulfur and calcium, magnesium and sodium, iron and zinc, manganese and aluminum, boron and fluorine, molybdenum and iodine, cobalt.
The beneficial properties of Thai eggplant are also impressive, no less than its composition. But it should be noted that in order to obtain the most useful result, it is important to be able to choose fruits and prepare them according to proven culinary recipes that maximally preserve the nutritive qualities of eggplant, which is effective for all systems of the human body, for example:
- Vegetable cleans the blood vessels of harmful cholesterol, helping to avoid the development of atherosclerosis, and minerals from its composition improves the function of the heart muscle, therefore, strengthens the cardiovascular system.
- Among the effective qualities of the product are increasing bile secretion, improving liver function, cleansing the intestines, organizing proper digestion, preventing the development of dysbacteriosis, which is beneficial for the digestive system.
- A positive effect of the fruit of the culture on such important components of the hematopoietic system as the bone marrow and spleen, including normalization of the hemoglobin level, was noted.
- Vegetable has a diuretic effect, therefore it supports kidney health, helps to resist infectious diseases, relieves puffiness. Good kidney work reduces the level of uric acid, preventing its negative impact on the body's components in the form of tissues, internal organs and joints, due to the health of the urinary system.
- Another plus of culture is a reduction in body weight, due to the low calorie content of eggplant, and its ability to regulate water-salt balance.
Among other active properties of Thai eggplant it is impossible not to note:
- antiseptic with sugar lowering;
- antibacterial with anti-inflammatory;
- anti-cancer with diuretic;
- wound healing.
The benefit of eating a vegetable is its ability to ease the period of withdrawal from nicotine addiction. If you decide to quit smoking - eat Thai eggplant, which will reduce discomfort due to the supply of nicotinic acid in the body in a small amount of fruit, but without harmful tar and carcinogenic substances that are necessarily present in cigarettes.
Rules for Admission to Food
Thai product is not only great taste, but also a storehouse of nutrients for a significant improvement in human health, so it is in demand by cooks and traditional medicine. The main area of use of the vegetable is cooking, where there is a great variety of recipes with it.
Each nation that grows eggplant, has its own national recipe and favorite dishes from the product. Despite the national prescription difference, the features of application are the same, they consist of:
- In the selection of fruits, where preference is given to young eggplants, without over-ripe seeds and bitter pulp, with more sweaty skin. The color of young fruits should be white-green or yellow-green, and with a yellow or purple shade characteristic overripe.
- In their storage by means of drying, freezing, conservation. And the canned product loses forty percent of useful substances, and frozen only twenty. An effective way to eat vegetables in the winter is drying.
- In the method of cooking by boiling, stewing, roasting in the oven or on the grill. As an independent dish or as a component of other dishes. Apple eggplant is eaten even raw.
- In the removal of solanine from the pulp of the fruit, to improve the taste, which is soaking eggplant in salt water for a period of fifteen to twenty-five minutes.
To whom is the product contraindicated?
Thai eggplant looks different from the "blue", but the contraindications for eating are similar. It is not recommended to enter into the diet of people with an ulcer or acute gastritis, because the product is rich in fiber, provoking the active work of the gastrointestinal tract.
Solanin from overripe fruits is poisonous, it can lead to such consequences as poisoning and intoxication in large quantities, so choose young Thai eggplants for consumption, with a minimum of toxic substances.
Frying a vegetable is harmful, according to nutritionists, as its caloric content increases, and harmful toxins from heated oil penetrate into the product. Banned vegetable diabetics, due to the low carbohydrate content, which is fraught with hypoglycemia.
Here, too, the Thai eggplant has found an effective application, for example:
- Helps to cope with hypertension eggplant flour from the rind of ripe fruit. It is dried, ground to a consistency of flour by a coffee grinder, take one teaspoon before eating.
- Heals the mouth with a solution of the same flour. A tablespoon of flour is poured with a glass of water, infused to twenty minutes, add five grams of regular salt. Rinse your mouth with a solution.
- Gout is a good way to use eggplant. It is peeled, cut into cubes or thin plates, dried with a dryer for long-term preservation. Before cooking, soak, boil or bake.It is recommended to take before meals.
Here it is, an amazing Thai eggplant.
The forgotten technique of bargello, or the limitless possibilities of Florentine embroidery
Michelle Williams is getting married
Necklace Battle: Bella Hadid VS Emily Ratakovski in Cannes
Habitat. Canned watch online
Paper model of automatic turret (Sentry Turret) Portal