Cleansing Naturally : How to Cleanse a Colon with Psyllium Husk
How to Do an Organic Colon Cleanse
The purpose of colon therapy, or colon cleansing, is to remove toxins and feces from your colon and intestinal tract. Ancient Greeks and Egyptians believed that toxins and fecal matter became lodged in the intestines and decayed, and if these waste products weren’t flushed from the system, illness would result. Organic colon cleansing can be done with hydrotherapy (colonic) or by taking dietary supplements orally. There is no scientific evidence to support the colon cleansing theory, and the medical community is divided on the issue. Most physicians believe colon cleansing is necessary only to prepare for a colonoscopy because our bodies naturally remove waste material. The steps below explain how to orally administer an organic colon cleansing.
Prepare to fast.Abstaining from food for a short period of time will speed the process of releasing fat-stored chemicals, drugs and other toxins from your body. A 2 day fast is sufficient.
- Prepare for your fast by eating nothing but fresh, organic fruits and vegetables for 2 days. Avoid all dairy products; they produce excess mucous in the colon. During these 2 days before your fast, take 1 capsule of fiber (ground flaxseeds or psyllium seeds) 4 times daily. Fiber will help form bulk and sweep the colon through the large intestine. Do not take a fiber supplement during the 2 days of your fast.
- Consume at least 8 glasses of water on each day of the fast.
- Drink a variety of fresh, organic vegetable and fruit juices each day. Add the juice from 1 organic lemon to a glass of warm water and drink it as soon as you awaken. Throughout the day, drink fresh organic juices such as apple, beet, cabbage, carrot and celery. Cabbage juice is particularly good for colon problems.
- Drink 2 cups of herbal tea each day. Pau d’arco and slippery elm are both beneficial in cleansing the colon.
Break your fast gradually.On the morning of the third day, eat very small amounts of organic watermelon, banana or natural, unsweetened applesauce. Continue to eat small amounts of these foods throughout the day.
Return to your normal diet the second day after your fast, but avoid meat and dairy products for a few days.
Take a probiotic to restore the balance of bacteria in your colon.
- Take brisk walks several times a day while you are fasting.
- The more water and fresh juice you drink, the faster the process works, and drinking large quantities of fluids will prevent dehydration.
- Be sure to use only organic food and juices while fasting. Ingesting food products that have been produced with pesticides and hormones will be counterproductive. Remember, you are trying to rid your colon of toxins, not introduce more toxins into your system.
- Some herbs may reduce the effectiveness of prescription drugs. If at all possible, avoid taking prescription and over the counter drugs during your fast.
- Children, pregnant and lactating women should avoid fasts.
- Some people prefer to undergo a colonic irrigation (enema) in order to cleanse the colon. This method has inherent risks; fluid imbalance, leading to dehydration, infections due to improperly sterilized equipment and electrolyte imbalances. You can effectively and safely cleanse your colon without using colonics.
- Colon cleansing is not a substitute for conventional medical care. If you are experiencing health problems, it is wise to consult your primary physician before undertaking a colon cleanse.
Things You’ll Need
Fresh, organic fruits and vegetables
Video: Natural Remedies & Cleanses : Best Colon Cleanse Tea
How to Remove the Dealership Logo from a Vehicle
How to Give Your Dog a Massage
But as Trump is currently designing his own floor covering, it is possible that the look of the Oval Office will change again
How to Get the Most Out of Your Pickup Truck Bed
FIRST LOOK: Louise Gray’s Topshop designs are revealed
Listen to your Heart Before it is Too Late
December Mood Board: 12 Things to Get Excited About ThisMonth
Southwestern Black Bean Cakes With Guacamole
The Most Stylish Electric And Hybrid Cars
12 Low-Maintenance Autumn Haircuts for Every Hair Texture
The Queen Gave the Prettiest Gift to Her New Best Friend Meghan Markle
Pumpkin Facial: DIY At Home
How to Play the Midnight Man Game