How to cook a salmon steak?
Culinary masterpieces can not be created by everyone, but in most cases this is due only to the lack of some knowledge and skills. For example, if desired, you can prepare a lot of delicious dishes from salmon. One of them is juicy steaks. But in order to make them really juicy and appetizing, it is important to follow some rules and know the tricks.
What is steak?
In fact, the word "steak" from English translates as "piece." That is, in fact, steaks are any dishes made from pieces of fish. A cooking options there are many, so choose any.
Which salmon is right for you?
How to choose the most basic ingredient - salmon? The taste of the ready-made dish directly depends on this choice. Everyone is accustomed to eat such fish in salty form, it is ideal for a salad, they make delicious rolls from it. But we need raw salmon. Here is what you need to pay attention to when choosing it:
- The ideal option is chilled fish.She has excellent taste and, among other things, very useful. The frozen fillet in this case is not suitable, since the structure of the pulp will be completely different.
- You can buy sliced fillet on steaks, it is very convenient. But you can buy a whole fish and cut it yourself, it's easy.
- Pay attention to the smell. It should be fishy, but not putrid or unpleasant.
- The color of the pulp should be saturated, but not too much. Pale tones speak of stale, and too bright - about the addition of dyes (this can be done by unscrupulous suppliers with poor-quality fish).
- The price can not be too low, it will talk about low quality.
- It is best to buy salmon in large chain stores with an impeccable reputation or in specialized departments. Stalls and markets should be avoided.
How to cook salmon in the form of steaks, so that it is juicy, tasty and appetizing? There are several stages of cooking, small tricks are also used. We list them:
- First of all, prepare the fish. If the steaks are ready, nothing needs to be done.If you have purchased gutted fish, cut it into pieces 2-3 centimeters thick. If the bird is whole, gut it, cut off the head and then cut it. Remove bones, so that nothing prevents you from enjoying the taste of the dish (do it with tweezers).
- To fillet was delicious and juicy, it marinated. There are many recipes for marinade, but as a rule, lemon juice, oil (preferably olive oil), spices and spices are added to it. Spices can be chosen to your taste, but they must be combined with fish.
- Pieces are immersed in a marinade and cleaned in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Then you can begin the process of cooking. Steaks can be prepared in different ways: in a pan, in the oven, on the grill and even for a couple. Choose what is closer to you. But remember that frying is not the most healthy and healthy option.
- In the process of cooking, it is possible and even advisable to periodically water or at least sprinkle the remaining marinade on the fish so that the pulp does not dry out and retain its juiciness.
- Also in most cases, steak is served with sauce. It can be prepared in a variety of ways and from different ingredients, but most of all with red fish, components such as sour cream, cream, mayonnaise and cheese are combined.
We offer you several recipes for delicious and juicy steaks.
Steaks in a pan
To prepare you will need:
- 500 grams of salmon (in the form of steaks);
- ½ lemon;
- 50 ml of olive oil;
- Provencal herbs;
- salt to taste;
- 50 ml of natural yogurt without additives;
- 1 cucumber;
- 3 cloves of garlic.
- If necessary, cut the fish into steaks.
- Prepare the marinade: squeeze the juice from the lemon, mix it with olive oil and herbs, add salt.
- Immerse the fish in the marinade, brushing each slice, refrigerate for an hour.
- While you can do the cooking sauce. Cucumber clean and grate on grater. Peel and chop the garlic with a garlic press. Mix the cucumber and garlic, add the yogurt and salt, mix well and beat together.
- Salmon marinated, it's time to start cooking. How to fry it and not to overdry? For a start, heat the oil in a pan. If you want to get crisp, then on medium or high heat on each side fry the steaks for 15-30 seconds. Then reduce the fire to a minimum and fry the fish further, taking 5-10 minutes to each side.Do not forget to periodically water the fillet with marinade and formed fat.
- Pour sauce over each steak and serve.
Steaks in the oven in honey with ginger
You will need:
- 2 steaks of salmon;
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger root (or one tablespoon of fresh grated);
- 2 tablespoons honey;
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce;
- ½ teaspoon mustard;
- ½ lemon;
- 20-30 grams of sesame.
- For starters, prepare your own steaks.
- Now do some marinade. Dissolve honey in soy sauce, add mustard, lemon juice, and sesame, mix everything.
- Place the steaks in the marinade bowl, mix them so that each piece is smeared with the composition. Put everything in the fridge for half an hour.
- Take the baking mold, cover it with foil so that there is also an edge that you can completely cover the mold with.
- Lay the steaks in a mold, cover with foil.
- Oven heat up to 170-180 degrees, send there the shape with the fish. The first 10-15 minutes, cook the dish in foil, then without it until it is ready. In the process of cooking at least 2-3 times pour the marinade steaks so that they do not overdry.
- Done, you can serve.
Steamed salmon steaks
Prepare the following ingredients:
- 400-500 grams of salmon;
- 1 small lemon;
- dried rosemary (or other spice to taste);
- salt to taste;
- a mixture of peppers;
- olive oil.
How to cook? It's simple:
- Cut fish into steaks, remove stones, wash and dry with napkins or paper towels.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon, sprinkle each piece on both sides.
- Pepper fish, salt, sprinkle with rosemary. All this rub in the pulp so that it is saturated with marinade. Leave the steaks for half an hour in the fridge.
- Wrap the steaks in foil, put in a double boiler.
- Set the timer for 30 minutes.
Useful tips and tricks
How to cook steaks correctly and tasty? Some tips for real housewives:
- If you decide to fry the fish, then turn it from one side to the other very carefully, using a wide wooden spatula. With a knife or careless movement, the flesh can be damaged, because it is very tender.
- If the salmon is too fat, it is better not to serve fat creamy, sour cream or mayonnaise sauces. Great yogurt, proposed in one of the recipes described above.
- Salmon goes well with vegetables, so don't be afraid to experiment. For example, a steak can be cooked on a pillow of greens, eggplant or zucchini. You can put a tomato on top.
- Beat the fillet is not worth it! Its fragile structure after such manipulations will be damaged, and all juiciness will be gone. As a result, steaks will turn out to be stiff and dry.
- Olive oil is an ideal option, but you can also use other, for example, linen or some other.
- Long keep pieces of fillet in the marinade is not worth it, otherwise you will not feel the taste of the salmon.
Cook steaks with the soul, enjoy the taste, delight loved ones and friends!
Strategies to go beyond the trading range
Congratulations to mother on March 8
How to bake a chum salmon in the oven - 8 step by step recipes
Reliable Lab Power Supply
A beautiful box out of an egg box