How to clean the microwave from heavy pollution?
Now it is difficult to imagine a modern kitchen without a microwave. This household appliances firmly entered our lives. This is not surprising, because it makes her more comfortable. The microwave allows us to defrost and reheat foods in minutes, and cook any dishes much faster.
But frequent use affects her condition, so often there are spots on her from splashing fat and other liquids, which are sometimes difficult to cope with. But before proceeding with the general cleaning of the microwave, you need to carefully study the instructions, which should indicate what means you can clean it. If for some reason you haven’t saved it, our advice will help you.
So let's first find out what coatings are in the microwave, since it depends on them which method of cleaning can be used.
Types of microwave interior coatings:
- Enameled.This is the cheapest and most common coverage. It can be found in most modern microwaves. It consists of several layers of enamel, the last of which has the ability to reflect microwave waves. The advantage of this coating is its flawless smoothness, so all dirt from it is easily removed. However, over time, it may turn yellow and lose its strength. Moreover, it is very easy to scratch it.
- Ceramic. This coating is probably the best, since it is very smooth, but at the same time quite durable. Any stains are removed from it effortlessly. However, in spite of its strength, while cleaning the microwave, one should not be too zealous, since a strong mechanical effect may cause this coating to crack.
- Stainless steel. This is the worst coating to take care of, since any dirt on this surface quickly accumulates and is very difficult to remove. Agents containing acids are not suitable for cleaning such a coating, as they can permanently damage it by forming stains on the stainless surface.
For cleaning of all these three types of coatings it’s absolutely impossibleuse detergents with abrasive particles, such as scouring powders, as they scratch the top layer, which can disrupt the normal operation of the microwave oven and even break it.
It is also important to remember that before starting a general cleaning it is necessary to make sure that the device is disconnected from the power grid. Only then can you start work.
Now let's talk about how you can clean the microwave from stains and stains.
There are several ways with which you can clean the microwave without much effort. It all depends on what it is used for.
1. Special cleaners for microwave cleaning
Now in stores a large selection of professional tools that are designed exclusively for cleaning microwave ovens. They can be in the form of various gels, creams, and in the form of aerosols and sprays. All you need to do is apply them to the surface, and after a while just wipe it with a sponge.
If you do not have time to wait for the remedy to work, then you can speed up the process.There is a way to help you get rid of the most stubborn stains in just five minutes. To do this, use a special spray.
After you spray it inside the microwave oven, it must be turned on for a maximum of five minutes, and then simply wipe with a soft sponge. However, this spray is quite expensive.
2. Handy tools
Now more and more people are trying not to use household chemicals because of the harm that it can cause to human health. But in such cases there is always an alternative in the form of folk remedies, which are no worse than detergents, but they are absolutely safe. In addition, they can always be found in the kitchen of any hostess.
The following natural products can help you in cleaning the microwave from grease and other stains:
- Water. All you need is a glass of water and a container of heat-resistant glass. Put the water in the bowl in the microwave and turn it on for 8-10 minutes at maximum temperature. After it turns off, do not open the door for 20 minutes, so that the resulting vapor soaks all stains. Then simply wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
- Vinegar.You will need a glass of water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar. The resulting solution is poured into a container so that it is half filled. Then set the timer for 15 minutes. After turning off the microwave, you need to wait another 15 minutes without opening its door so that the stains soften well. After that, you need to wipe the walls of the microwave, first with a wet, and then with a dry cloth. The disadvantage of this method is an unpleasant smell, which for a long time disappears. In addition, vinegar is not suitable for cleaning stainless surfaces.
- Soda. This cleaning method does not cause unpleasant odors. You just need to add 3 teaspoons of soda to a glass of water and stir it thoroughly. Then put the container in the microwave, and steam the stains, as in the previous method. In no case can soda clean the walls of the microwave oven, as it can scratch its coating.
- Lemon acid. If you want your microwave not only to be clean, but also to smell good, then use citric acid for cleaning. Pour into a glass of water 2-3 tablespoons of citric acid. Pour the resulting solution into a heat-resistant container, put it in the microwave, and boil for 20 minutes. 10 minutes after the signal, wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
- Citrus.If in your home suddenly found none of the above, then to clean the microwave perfectly fit citrus fruits: lemons or oranges. You need to cut them into slices and pour a glass of water. Then boil them in the microwave for 10 minutes and leave for 30 minutes. After that, simply wipe the walls with a dry cloth. A pleasant smell is guaranteed.
3. Self-cleaning function
This is perhaps the most convenient and fastest way to clean. But this function is only for expensive microwave ovens, whose lucky owners only need to press the "self-cleaning steam" button, and all the dirt will be removed.
As you can see, even the most difficult to remove stains can be quickly and easily cleaned at home. Still, it is better not to allow them to appear, so when warming up or cooking dishes, be sure to use special covers to protect them from splashing.
Sample fingers do it yourself
Blake Lively plans to be the new Disney princess
How to create a resume for a job
Hormonal background of a woman: everything you need to know
107 edition. Habitat - Case smells like sausage. Watch online