How to clean paint from clothes at home
If a nuisance happened and a stain of paint appeared on your favorite or new thing, do not be discouraged. Throwing or sending to rest in the old box thing is not worth it, it is better to learn how to clean paint from clothes at home.
In order for a paint stain to appear on clothes, it is not necessary to work as a house painter or carry out repairs in the apartment. Freshly painted walls at entrances, benches in public gardens and at bus stops, nobody canceled fences in city parks.
In achieving the goal will help effective folk and purchased funds. Before you consider the subtleties of their use, listen to a few tips to achieve the best result, and to prevent the final damage of clothing.
- Do not wait until the paint is completely dry. The faster to remove stains, the greater the chance of successful completion of the mission to save clothes.
- Before starting the procedure, be sure to determine the type of paint, because stains from oil, acrylic and water-based paints are removed in different ways.
- Remove the stain, pre-turned the soiled thing inside out.This simple technique minimizes the chance of damage to the color or appearance of the fabric.
- When handling contamination, place a paper napkin or a piece of clean, unwanted fabric under the fabric. The dyes will partially transfer to the substrate, which will simplify the task and speed up the procedure.
- Remove the stain from the edges to the center to prevent the paint from spreading.
Preliminary preparation for the fight against paint stains has been completed, the turn has come to get acquainted with the time-tested tools that will become a formidable weapon in achieving the strategic goal. It is about the return of the soiled thing of the original appearance.
Ways to clean old oil paint from clothes
If an oil paint stain is found on clothes, do not hesitate, as is the case with chewing gum. Immediately starting to combat pollution, significantly increase the likelihood of a positive result.
- If the stain is fresh, laundry soap will help in removing the dirt. Cover the soiled area in slightly heated water, then rinse it repeatedly.
- Remove fresh stain and can be with the help of butter.Cover the contamination with a thick layer of oil, wait at least an hour, then wipe the stain with a cloth moistened with ammonia. Will have to wash clothes using powder.
- Assistant in the fight against oil stains will be ammonia, turpentine, pure gasoline or kerosene. Put a piece of gauze or a napkin under the contamination and treat the contamination with a cotton swab soaked in a solvent. To remove greasy stains, use detergent or ammonia.
- A good result in the fight against oil paint stains is shown by solvents, for example, “White spirit”. Apply a tampon moistened in a solvent to the pollution for half an hour, then gently wipe the stain and cover the clothes with soap and water.
- To prepare the next remedy, white clay and gasoline will be needed. Mix these substances in equal amounts until uniform. Apply the resulting paste on the stain and leave for half an hour. After evaporation of gasoline, peel the cloth with a brush.
- If we are talking about clothes made of delicate material, glycerin will come to the rescue. Soak a piece of white cloth in a heated bath in a water bath and treat the dirt.Next is the laundry.
Before use, be sure to test the selected product on an inconspicuous part of the product. If all is well and the selected cleaner is safe, continue.
How to clean dried acrylic paint
Water-soluble paints and varnishes are widely used in the field of repair and construction. Among them are acrylic paints. And since such a decorative coating is soluble in water, it is easier to cope with the traces than in the previous case.
- Moisten a cotton swab, gauze or paper towel in alcohol, nail polish remover or alcohol based antiseptic. Blot the contaminated area thoroughly.
- It is imperative that the alcohol penetrates deep into the fibers and has a weakening effect on the paint. Gently wipe with a cotton swab. Pollution is advised to wipe, not smear, otherwise the stain increases.
- Take a new tampon and repeat the procedure. Continue until the acrylic marks disappear from view.
- Wash clothes in water with powder and dry. After drying, carefully inspect the place where there used to be pollution.If the problem was not completely eliminated from the first time, repeat the procedure from the very beginning.
If you start the process of removing acrylic stain in a timely manner, the chance to return the piece to its original appearance will be high. However, even in the case of old spots, you should not get upset. Vodka, vinegar, gasoline or brake fluid will help keep the top over them.
Water paint cleaning
Interior finishing is a complicated stage of the construction process, which requires high costs. Many make repairs themselves, to save money and demonstrate talent. And regardless of the experience on the clothes stains from the water-based paint used in the finishing work inevitably appear. How to eliminate such pollution?
Before removal, it is important to determine the composition of the decorative coating. If the basis is PVA, a sponge soaked in soapy water will help remove the stain. Sometimes it is enough to get a regular washing.
As for acrylic water-based paint, it is resistant to water and detergents. Then the proceeds come to the mechanical impact with further rubbing.The important role played by the type of stained tissue base. Choose a means and method of removing stains, guided by the material of clothing.
- Thick fabric. The material is characterized by high resistance to abrasion. Any chemical solvent is suitable for removing stains, be it acetone or White spirit. It remains only to wash the thing.
- Light fabric without synthetic impurities. The best result is shown by mechanical erasure using gasoline or a chemical solvent. During the procedure, under the fabric, be sure to put a paper lining, then wash the product.
- Synthetic material. Solvents are not suitable for cleaning clothes made of synthetic material, since their influence on the fabric composition is detrimental. Remove the traces of water-based paint will help sunflower oil. Dampen a tampon with oil and rub off contamination. The process is time consuming and laborious because the paint goes away with difficulty.
The considered methods are good in the case of fresh pollution. To remove the dried traces of PVA-based paint, moisten the surface with abundant dirt to soften the dried layer, then rub it with a brush and wash it.
How to clean paint from jeans and pants
Jeans and pants - versatile clothing, which is always convenient and comfortable. Thanks to the materials of manufacture, characterized by durability and durability, such items wardrobes retain their original qualities even with regular wear.
It should be noted that jeans are easy to clean. They are well washed and undemanding to detergents. And so it is a shame when a trace of paint appears on jeans or trousers, especially in the case of new things.
Acetone, thinner or kerosene is suitable for removing paint from jeans and trousers. It is enough to moisten a clean cloth in the liquid and gently treat the pollution. The final stage is washing.
If the listed cleaners are the only way to get rid of the paint, any detergent is suitable for washing. Some housewives use soap, others use powders with active additives. All means are good.
Summarize. Ways to cleanse a lot. Choosing one or another option, be guided by the type of dye and material. Remember, delicate materials, including fine synthetics, wool, viscose and silk, require utmost care.Non-aggressive substances such as glycerin, sal ammoniac, laundry soap are best for cleaning.
If the removal procedure at home ended in failure, take the clothes to dry cleaning. Professional equipment combined with strong aggressive substances and experience will help in solving the problem.
Be careful, take care of things, and such problems will never spoil your mood.
Crochet Minion Knitting
The main nuances of the diet of Usama Hamdiy
Who drives cooler Kristen Stewart vs Susan Sarandon
Healthy and proper nutrition for schoolchildren and children
Simple and tasty dishes in a pot