How to clean a sheepskin coat at home
Are the coats on the sheepskin spoiled the mood? Do not worry, there are many options for cleaning outerwear at home. I will tell you how, using inexpensive, affordable products, clean the suede and leather sheepskin coat from dirt, yellowness, gouging and other contaminants.
Attention! Be careful, before you perform these procedures at home, carefully read the methods of cleaning, read reviews. Indeed, as a result of an unsuccessful attempt, it is possible not only to remain stained on clothes, but also to lose an expensive item.
How to clean a suede sheepskin coat
This method without the use of water or any liquid. All cleaners are applied dry.
- Semolina.Fresh spots and shiny gloss are removed with semolina. Problem areas (cuffs, collar, pockets) abundantly sprinkle with grits. Then, wearing a cloth glove, rub in a circular motion. Contaminated cereals are changed until they remain clean.
- Salt.You can use salt instead of semolina, but you can not rub it too much.
- Starch.Pour the starch on the grease stain, and leave for a few minutes. Starch absorbs fat from the surface of clothing. If the stain is too large, change it several times.
- Bread.Dirt and grease from the sheepskin coat can be cleaned with the crumb of bread. Roll the bread ball and roll out until the spots disappear, change the balls.
- Eraser.Shiny areas are removed with a stationery eraser. Rub the problem areas, and then shake the clothes well. For this purpose, you can buy a special brush made of bamboo, rubber or brass.
If the suede sheepskin coat is very dirty, do a wet cleaning. To do this, hold the problem area above the steam bath, then comb the nap with a brush. And then evaluate the condition of the spot.
- If there is a stale stain, take a sack patch, pour kerosene or gasoline, then wipe the problem area.
- Take ammonia and combine with water. The proportion of 1: 4. We wipe the solution with impurities, then treat with a solution of water and vinegar. Preparation of the solution: in 500 ml of water add a tablespoon of vinegar.
Remember! These methods are suitable only for things of dark color.
Features of cleaning light and white sheepskin coat
For cleaning light and white products there are several proven methods.
- Hydrogen peroxide.Will help get rid of yellow spots. Mix one tablespoon of water with a teaspoon of peroxide. The resulting liquid to process the stain.
- Starch or talc. Copes well with fat stains. Bulk product abundantly sprinkle stain, wait until it "draws in" fat. If necessary, the powder is changed.
- Soda and milk.Take one teaspoon of soda and mix with a glass of preheated milk. We moisten a napkin with this liquid and pass through all polluted areas.
Tip! After cleaning, we treat all problem areas with table vinegar.
How to clean sheepskin coat from genuine leather
It is easier to care for leather goods, but certain skills will be required.
Important! Before using any tool, test it on a small area of clothing.
Will cope with various pollution. Apply the grits on the surface and rub with a hand, after a while (3-5 minutes), the semolina will absorb the fat from the surface.Next, remove the cereal from the clothes with a special brush.
Spread outerwear on a flat surface, sprinkle with starch and rub. After a few minutes, clean the mixture with a brush.
Tip! For better effect, mix the starch with semolina. The proportion is 1: 1. In this way, you can get rid of stains on both the dark and the light thing.
If the dirt on the sheepskin coat is low-fat, they can be removed with ordinary rubber. Dampen it in kerosene and rub the polluted areas.
Kerosene and gasoline
In this way, you can even get rid of old stains. Hang a sheepskin coat on hangers. With a cotton pad moistened with liquid, rub the soiled areas. The procedure can be repeated several times.
Tooth powder and ammonia
Mix ammonia with tooth powder. Clean the thing with a brush. We treat problem areas with a compound, and after a few minutes we repeat brushing.
With the help of salt you can get rid of non-greasy stains. Use it in the same way as semolina, but rub it with care.
Any tough fabric will do. It must be wetted in gasoline and used as a brush.
Tip! Gasoline can be replaced with ammonia.
How to clean an artificial sheepskin coat
- Shampoo.In warmed water, add a little shampoo. Spread the sheepskin coat and spread it on the surface. Dampen the napkin in soapy water and wipe the dirty area. The napkin should be made of microfiber. Wash the foam with water and dry the item.
- Talc and starch.Talc or potato starch will help to get rid of fat stains. Stain the stain with a thick layer of the selected product, and leave for 2-3 hours. Clean the powder with a brush.
- Ammonia and soap solution.Another way to get rid of greasy stains. Add some ammonia to the soap solution. Moisten the cotton pad in the solution and process the problem areas. Remove the residue with a damp sponge and dry the thing.
- Ammonia, borax and glycerin.Stubborn stains will help remove such a solution: equal parts of ammonia and glycerin, add borax to 1 tsp and 0.5 l of water. Mix everything. With a cotton pad moistened with a solution, wipe the contaminated area.
General care guidelines
- If you had the imprudence to wet the sheepskin coat, blot it with a paper napkin, not rubbing the skin. After the procedure, hang on your hangers and dry.When the product dries, knead it with your hands.
- Dry your expensive item at room temperature, away from heaters. Do not hang among the rest of the clothes. This will prevent the spread of damp in the closet.
- If the sheepskin is faded, it can be ironed with an iron through a dry cotton cloth. On the iron set the average temperature mode.
- To disguise stains or scuffs, use special coloring agents.
- Pockets, bottom, elbow bends are the most vulnerable places of a sheepskin coat, so you should handle them very carefully: do not keep hands in pockets all the time, do not carry a bag on your elbow or shoulder.
- Before sitting down in public transport, undo the bottom button and lift the hem higher. Due to this, the sheepskin coat will not stretch and wrinkle.
That's all the rules you need to know before buying a sheepskin coat. I hope they will be useful to you.
Scarlett Johansson shines on the red carpet with beloved Colin Jost
Simple Ceiling Light
Fashionable oblique bangs and stylish hair with her (9 photos)
Original box - no big deal
Great idea how to reel yarn in seconds
Morning exercise set of exercises video