How to care for a money tree at home
Madagascar, African and South American countries are famous for their strange flora. Here, in the natural environment, many varieties of trees and shrubs grow, which, thanks to human efforts, appear in countries with a harsh climate, for example, a money tree. The article will look at how to care for the money tree at home.
Leaves of money tree collected in the outlet. They are characterized by a rounded shape that resembles a coin. A wonderful gift for her sister on her birthday. Inside the leaves is the flesh, which covers the dense skin. Due to the external structure of the leaves, various associations arise concerning the money tree. Therefore, in the people it is called a bastard, luck tree or zhiryankoy.
Secrets and rules of care
The money tree is unpretentious in care and even a beginner can grow a beautiful plant at home.But for good growth the flower must be provided with optimal conditions. To do this, it is recommended to follow a few simple rules of care.
- The soil. For the plant to stick, you need the right soil. In their natural habitat, succulents grow on light drained soil. Make this soil easy. Two parts of peat combine with two parts of leafy ground and three parts of sand, mix. Fill the pot with the resulting mixture.
- Pot. Planting a money tree is recommended in a shallow pot of clay or plastic. Before falling asleep the substrate, make a 2 cm thick drain at the bottom of the pot.
- Lighting. The money tree feels good in the shadows and slightly darkened places. In conditions of excessive illumination, when the rays of the sun fall on the bastard, the leaves turn red, shrink and fall.
- Temperature. 20-25 degrees - the best temperature for growing succulent. Even at 4 degrees of heat, the money tree feels good. Lower temperature is fraught with death.
These are not all points concerning the care of the money tree. Below we talk about watering, feeding and transplanting.I will also pay attention to the subtleties of forming a beautiful crown.
How to water a bastard
In the case of a money tree, abundant but moderate watering is appropriate. Before carrying out the procedure, make sure that the soil in the pot has dried out. The flower is more afraid of excessive moisturizing than dried up soil.
Excessive watering is fraught with rotting of the root system, which leads to death. When watering, try to prevent water from falling on the leaves. Provide plenty of water during the spring / summer season. And remember that the ground should be wet, but not wet.
With the onset of cold weather, the soil is allowed to dry 5 centimeters deep. In winter, the plant is at rest and does not need a lot of water, as it is concentrated enough moisture in the leaves.
The flower's well-being depends on the water used. Separated water at room temperature is better suited for watering money trees. Melt water is also allowed for use, as there are few impurities in it. Experienced growers are advised to periodically spray the foliage and wipe with a damp cloth.
How to transplant a money tree at home
Spring is ideal for transplanting money tree. Since the hut is a slow-growing plant, it is recommended to repot every 24 months.
The time indicator is also affected by the conditions of detention. If the flower is in optimal conditions, does not experience a shortage of light, moisture and nutrients, it rapidly grows. Then replant the money tree once a year.
- At the bottom of the pot make a drainage 2 cm thick. Dump the substrate into the container so that it fills the pot a quarter. If you wish, put a few coins on the bottom of the pot to activate the positive energy of the fat woman.
- Carefully remove the money tree from the old container, clasping the trunk. Shake the ground lightly and lower into a new pot, filling up the ground. Do not trample down the soil. It is better to wait until she settles, and dosypte.
- After the procedure, water the plant. Further care is reduced to the regular loosening of the soil. This will provide the root system with access to oxygen.
Transplanted exoticism is recommended to keep on the balcony. Just put the pot unlike pelargonium in a place protected from the rays of the sun.
How to plant a money tree so that money is carried in the house
Money tree looks attractive. Thanks to the green fleshy foliage covering the powerful stem, the fattened woman easily decorates any sill. But in order for the flower to “work” and attract money to the house, it is recommended to follow a few rules when planting and choosing a place.
- The sprout bought in the store does not immediately plant in the ground. Give him the opportunity to get used to the new situation. If it is summer outside, wind the roots with a damp cloth. If the room has normal humidity and temperature, place the sprout on the window sill.
- A big role in this matter is played by a pot. The money tree has a feature. It is allowed to land repeatedly in a single pot. After the soil is renewed, the tank is treated with an antiseptic and the root system is trimmed, the fattened is returned to the old pot. Therefore, it is recommended to choose a quality and beautiful flowerpot, because the tree is destined to become a family talisman and amulet.
- At the bottom of the pot, make a layer of gravel, and on top put a few coins of the coat of arms up. Use coins of the same denomination.To appease the plant, please with its drainage of river sand and moss.
- If the goal of planting the bastard is material well-being, I advise you to increase the effect of coins with paper bills. After receiving a sudden income, select three new bills, wrap in a bag and put it under the pot. There is no word about coins and bills.
- When the plant grows up, decorate. For this purpose, suitable chains, coins, golden ribbons. Since the flower is an oasis of well-being, I advise you to treat it accordingly. Provide a green pet with love and respect.
Keep a flowerpot on a south or east windowsill. For irrigation, use water infused on small coins for 10 days. Talk to the tree, pay attention and it will fill the house with love, luck and financial well-being.
How to shape the trunk and crown
In order to get a small tree from the potyonka with a lush crown, it must be carefully monitored from the beginning of growth, forming the trunk and crown. To do this, it is recommended to remove the side processes until the tree has reached the required height.
Wait until the length of the trunk reaches 15 cm and the height is 30 cm. Then pinch the top.This will contribute to the growth of lateral shoots, which will lead to an increase in crown.
It is important that only one process grows in the vase. As a result, the plant will have a solid and thick trunk. Even if you got an adult money tree with a stiff trunk, still care for the splendor of the crown and the height of the fatty woman.
If you start the process early, the tree will not have hemp from the branches. Often for shaping you have to remove adult branches. Be sure to treat the cut places with ground cinnamon or crushed activated carbon in a mortar.
As for pinching, everything is simple. After the appearance of several pairs of leaflets on a branch, find a kidney between the last leaves and carefully remove it with tweezers. At this point there will be several new buds. This is evidence that the branching process has begun.
If there is one kidney, repeat the procedure again. And in order for the money tree to develop and branch symmetrically, periodically turn the pot so that all parts of the fat woman have access to sunlight.
Than to fertilize
Tolstianka is a modest plant, which needs more water at the initial stage of life.For this purpose, liquid or granular weakened fertilizers are used for cacti and other succulents.
The concentration of fertilizer is determined by soil. If the earth is saturated with organic matter, half the dose indicated on the package is used. In mineral soil, the concentration is higher.
Adult plants feed during peak growth, which lasts from the beginning of spring to mid-autumn. Apply fertilizers in low concentration. They are added to the soil once a month.
During the autumn-winter season, starting in November, the fat woman is at rest. At this point, additional food money tree is not required.
Flowering money tree at home
For the fatty, flowering is a natural process. At the same time, succulents are rarely flowering plants, and there is a reason for this. In the tropics, which are the natural habitat for the money tree, there are no short days. Therefore, the fat woman grows well and blooms in good light throughout the year.
In our region, autumn and winter are characterized by short days, and the sunlight received in summer is not enough for flowering. But sometimes the money tree throws out flowers in flat conditions.
Enchanting flowering and fattening are two different things. It is extremely rare flowers cover the crown. Usually there are several single inflorescences. If the bloom is abundant, the crown is enveloped in a translucent haze of small and delicate flowers.
Flowers of the money tree are characterized by a light color - white, cream. Sometimes there are specimens, in which the white flowers have a green or pink hue. There are still species with red and blue flowers, but this is rare.
If you provide a money tree with minimal maintenance, which comes down to proper watering, fertilizing and timely transplanting, it will not be possible to achieve flowering. But experienced growers achieve results. What's the secret?
- If you want to increase the likelihood of the appearance of flowers, transplant the fat in the early spring. This is due to the coincidence of transplantation with the onset of the period of active growth.
- If the plant is exposed to air in the summer, this will contribute to the result. Keep a pot with a money tree on the balcony or veranda.
- After the onset of cold weather, keep the bastard in a room in which the temperature does not exceed 15 degrees.
- Regardless of the time of the year, provide the flower with access to bright but diffuse light. In winter, light the tree with a fluorescent lamp.
Thanks to these little tricks you will help your pet to bloom. And remember, without effort and caring care to see the flowering of the money tree at home will not work.
Types of money tree
In the natural environment, there are about three hundred varieties of the money tree, which differ in shape. Thanks to its unpretentiousness and spectacular appearance, this succulent has gained unprecedented popularity in home floriculture. The following types of fat woman are grown in room conditions:
- Portulaca. Variety of erysipelas is often called ovoid or oval. It grows to a meter height. With proper care throws white or pink flowers.
- Shovel. The peculiarity of the species is a tetrahedral creeping stem with air roots. It needs regular watering regardless of the season.
- The treelike. Most often found in home floriculture. In optimal conditions it grows to a half meter height. After 10 years, throws out pink or white flowers.
- Plauniformplump. Branching shrub with incredible decorative qualities, due to tiny pointed leaves, located on the principle of tiles. Young plants have standing shoots that have lodged over the years.Blooms with inconspicuous pale yellow flowers.
- Tolstian Cooper. The grassy variety has thin shoots that form clumps. Blossoms in the summer, throwing out pink florets, filling the room with a sweet aroma.
A money tree is undemanding in care, but without knowledge of the biological characteristics of a particular species, it is problematic to create conditions suitable for normal development.
Reproduction of a money tree
Let's talk about the reproduction of the money tree. In this process, there is nothing complicated and even a budding flower grower is able to settle this African exotic in the house. Shredder, as well as orchid, is propagated in several ways: by leaves, seeds and cuttings. Consider each method in more detail.
Getting a young money tree from seed is a long and troublesome task. But the result is worth it.
- To start, prepare the ground. Mix one part of the sand with two parts of leafy earth. Fill the plates with the resulting substrate.
- Place the seed in the ground and cover with foil. Daily in the mornings remove polyethylene minutes by fifteen and spray the soil using a spray gun.
- After the appearance of the first shoots, and it will happen after two weeks, remove the film, but continue spraying.
- After strengthening transplant seedlings in shallow boxes in shallow. The main thing is that the distance between seedlings should be not less than a centimeter.
Strong young plants are transplanted into separate pots. By this time, each money tree will have several leaves.
Reproduction by cuttings
In order for the money tree to have a greater impact on the financial condition of the family, experienced growers recommend not to buy, but to steal the cutting. Imagine that you have acquired several cuttings in an incompletely legal way. Dry them for a few days. Then everything is simple.
- Prepare a container with the ground. Take care of drainage, which will protect the root system from rotting.
- To make the cuttings better rooted, make a small greenhouse. Cover each stem with a disposable cup. It's enough.
- Twice a day, remove the glasses and air the young sweatshirts.
After rooting, remove the glasses. When the roots completely cover the soil, which will be indicated by their appearance from above, young trees will be transplanted into pots.
Leaves money tree multiply more often than cuttings.To get started, look for a piece of fatty, and then proceed according to the algorithm below.
- Pour some boiled water into a glass, add a bit of crushed charcoal and put a leaf in the mixture. Put a container with a sheet in the shade.
- Every two days, change the water to prevent rotting. In the near future will see the roots, resembling white strings.
- Wait a little longer to make the roots firm. After that, transfer the leaf into the ground. Act as carefully as possible so as not to damage the roots. Otherwise, the risk of fattening will increase.
Video transplant experience
Now you know all the subtleties of the multiplication of the money tree. Use any of these methods to increase the number of copies of African exotic in your home green corner.
Problems in breeding money tree
A lot of indoor plants that are undemanding to care at home. They seem to be specially created by nature for beginning flower growers and easily tolerate their flaws. The list of such plants includes the fatty. This unassuming green pet, like the spathiphyllum, does not cause the owner a lot of trouble.
But this does not mean that people who breed unpretentious plants do not face problems. Sometimes a healthy fat woman fades, sheds leaves or dies at all. We will understand why this is happening.
Why leaves fall
Falling leaves is the most common problem overtaking a grower. I will consider the causes of this phenomenon and tell you how to act in such a situation.
- Over-watering. Leads to wilting of the leaves, which later fall off. In this case, it is recommended to stop watering until the earth lump dries. After that, water the flower moderately and gradually bring the amount of water and the frequency of watering to the established rate - once a week.
- Lack of moisture. Provides a similar effect. Only in this case, the leaves first turn yellow and curl, and then fall down. The solution of the problem is reduced to the resumption of irrigation and periodic spraying with settled water.
- Excessive lighting. If the leaves fall due to excessive light, move the pot with the money tree to the lighted place where the sun's rays do not fall. If this is not possible, create a shadow for the bastard with paper.
- Heat. With the onset of cold weather they turn on the heating system and use heating devices. Streams of hot air along with low humidity cause great damage. Move the flower to another location and spray regularly.
- Incorrect dressing. Sometimes, the thinning of the crown of a fathead is caused by the host’s flaws during the fertilizer. Solving the problem involves replacing the soil in a pot. In other ways to save the plant will not work, as to neutralize the excess salt in the soil is problematic.
Remember, even a completely healthy flower can shed its leaves. This phenomenon is observed during the breeding season, when the fathead sheds healthy leaves in order to obtain young shoots. Do not forget about aging. It is natural if an elderly flower sheds leaves.
Why the trunk and leaves turn yellow
In this unpleasant phenomenon, when the appearance of the money tree significantly deteriorates, one reason is the lack of light. Helping a pet is easy. Move the pot to another place. If this is not possible, it is recommended to think about installing an artificial light source. In the summer, keep the flower in the garden.A loggia will do as well, provided that the sun’s rays do not fall on the leaves.
Why leaves turn black and fade
The appearance of rounded black spots on the surface of the leaves of the money tree is a sign of a "sunstroke." The solution of the problem involves shading. If the spots are soft, the flower is affected by a fungal infection. In this case, remove the affected leaves, process the appropriate drug.
It doesn't matter if you remove a lot of leaves during the rescue operation. This will make room for new kidneys, which will positively affect the density and splendor of the crown.
Why have a money tree leaves become thin, soft and wrinkled
The answer is simple - fusarium rot. This is the result of water stagnation, which leads to excessive watering. To prevent the spread of infection, treat the soil with a suspension of Fundazol and restore the watering to normal. Later transplant the plant, removing the rotten roots.
Diseases and pests
Contrary to the simplicity in the care of the lack of attention to the crooks do not like. If the money tree is not provided with proper care, it will not lead to anything good, and the illnesses will not keep you waiting. What to say about pests.
- In conditions of poor lighting, the stem of the plant becomes ugly. Further inaction leads to death. Therefore, keep the pot on the windowsill, especially if the room is dark.
- If the leaves change color or fall off, this indicates the presence of a fungal disease in the money tree. A similar effect provides the use of cold water when watering.
- The presence of rot on the basis of the stem is the herald of root rot. To save the plant, act decisively. The top is recommended to cut and grow a new tree.
- Tolstyanka falls into the field of view of pests rarely. If necessary, use products to control a particular pest. Usually the source of the problem is the mealybug. Handling it will help treatment with alcohol or insecticide.
Incredibly beautiful dieffenbachia. Perhaps this particular flower is not yet in your green corner. She will make a money tree a good company. Good luck in floriculture!
Features of cooking gulchera
The main nuances of the diet of Usama Hamdiy
How to choose a kitchen for the apartment and cottage - useful tips
May kebabs: 5 unbanal recipes
Retro style floor hanger
French style in our life (9 photos)