Fragrant Armenian gata
Almost all Armenian dishes are delicious and very tasty, including gata. And what is it? And how to cook such a delicacy?
What it is?
Gata is a traditional dish of Caucasian cuisine (that is, Armenian, Azerbaijani and some others), which is a dessert similar to a puff pastry or a pie with a pleasant aromatic filling. The history of the origin is unknown, but the first mentions of such a delicacy were found in the fable “Pig and Gata” by the author Vardan Aygektsi, who lived in the XII-XIII centuries.
How to cook?
So, how to cook such an appetizing dish as an Armenian gata? To get started, prepare all the necessary ingredients:
For the filling you will need:
- three glasses of flour (plus another half of the glass for rolling);
- one pack of butter (200-250 grams);
- one glass of any fermented milk product (for example, yogurt, yogurt, or yogurt);
- two eggs;
- one teaspoon of baking soda.
For the filling you need:
- one glass of flour;
- half a pack of butter (i.e. about 100 grams);
- 1.5 cups of powdered sugar;
- one or two packets of vanillin (or vanilla sugar).
- two yolks;
- tablespoon of milk.
- First, of course, you need to knead the dough. To do this, butter well cool (preferably send it to the freezer) and grate it. Sift flour and hands rub with butter. You should have fine crumbs.
- Sprinkle crumbs with a slide, and make a well in the center. In it, break the eggs, and pour in the fermented product you selected. Knead the dough is quite dense in consistency. If in the process it sticks to your hands, then add a little flour. Form a ready-made dense mass into a ball, wrap it in food film and put it in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Now you can go to the preparation of the filling. Muck well sift, mix with powdered sugar and vanillin. The oil must be cooled, rubbed on grater and rubbed with dry ingredients. The result is a crumb. If it does not turn out crumbly, try adding some flour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, divide it into three equal parts. Take the first one and roll it into a layer about three millimeters thick.Separate part of the filling (it also needs to be divided into three equal portions) and place on the formation, departing from the edges of 1.5-2 centimeters.
- Wrap the dough with the filling to make a roll. Cut it into small portions (either directly or obliquely).
- Also do the rest of the dough and fillings.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper soaked in oil and place the buns on it so that there is free space between them.
- Beat the yolks with milk and apply this mixture to each roll using a brush.
- Bake a treat at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes to form a golden crust.
- The pile is ready!
By the way, in the filling you can add crushed nuts
Be sure to please your household with such a dessert, using the proposed simple recipe.
How to cook fish with potatoes in the oven
Box for tea bags by own hands
How to enjoy success with men
The final trailer for the movie Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Green de Wald
Repair in the living room (something went wrong)
Coconut Hair Oil
Interesting Stuffed Tomato Recipes