Dubai - a city of luxury and beauty
If you want to enjoy a luxury holiday, then by all means go to Dubai! And how to get there, what is needed for this? And which places should definitely visit?
What it is?
What is Dubai? This is one of the emirates (as the subject is called in this state) of the United Arab Emirates. It is located on the shore of the Persian Gulf and is approximately at sea level. In the west, Dubai is washed by the waters of the Persian Gulf, and the length of the coast is more than 70 kilometers.
The population of this emirate is not so large, its number does not exceed 2.5 million people. In terms of area, Dubai ranks second among the rest of the emirates, and first in terms of population. The capital of the emirate is the same name. The emirate is divided into two parts by the Kriik Strait, through which several bridges and even a tunnel have been laid today.
A bit of history
Dubai was founded in 830, but then it was not like a metropolis and even a small city. It was a small fishing village.And until the beginning of the last century, he remained so. The area was only 4 square kilometers, and the inhabitants were no more than 10 thousand.
But then in 1966, in the course of research, there was literally found a gold mine in this place, namely, a source of oil. And it was oil that turned Dubai into the richest city in the world and into a real metropolis. Surprisingly, the name translates roughly as “locusts that emerged from the larvae”.
To travel to Dubai you will need a visa. It can be issued through the travel company, whose services you use, the visa center or the embassy, and even through the hotel, the room in which you booked.
A regular tourist visa is issued for 30 days, and it will be ready in about a week after the application. Often, tourists receive a visa upon arrival in the UAE, but before departure you need to get a written permission to issue. The cost of receiving is about 60-70 euros. For registration you will need the following documents:
- international passport and its copy;
- color photograph in the size 3,5х4,5;
- passport of a citizen of the state and its copy;
- A completed application form;
- a copy of the air ticket;
- a document confirming the booking of the hotel (for at least three days);
- letter of guarantee from a travel agency (or from the applicant himself).
All documents, by the way, can be submitted without leaving home, in electronic form.
How to get there?
The easiest way to get to Dubai is by air. Its duration will be about 5-6 hours. How much does the ticket cost? Its cost can vary between 300-500 euros.
Cost of tours
The prices of tourist trips to this beautiful place can vary from 600-700 to 1500-2000 euros per week.
The climate of Dubai is not the most favorable, this place is not for nothing considered one of the hottest in the world. So, in the summer there is about 35-40 degrees Celsius during the day and about 28-30 degrees at night. The coldest month is January, but even in the midst of winter it is very warm here. Thus, the average temperature in December and February is about 19-25 degrees.
It rains infrequently in Dubai, with the most precipitation falling between February and April. But from May to October-November here is very dry. And that is why the rest in Dubai will be wonderful in November and even in winter.
The traditions of the United Arab Emirates are famous for their restraint. The main religion of the state is Islam.Locals dress more than modestly: men wear long robes that cover their legs, women cover not only their bodies, but also most of their faces. You will not see any revealing outfits here (except perhaps for foreign tourists).
The Arabs are rather reserved, but at the same time hospitable people. They will gladly invite you to their home, but will not tolerate the liberties of the guests.
The laws of Dubai and the UAE as a whole are very strict and sometimes incomprehensible to residents of European countries. Here are some of them that tourists need to know:
- You can not throw garbage on the streets, it should be thrown out only in the bins (the fine is about 100 euros).
- If you decide to meet or even speak on the street with an unknown woman (this applies to a greater extent, of course, to the stronger sex), then be ready to pay for it.
- You can not take pictures of people. Women can not shoot at all, but men need to ask permission.
- It is also not recommended to take photographs of buildings, as each of them may be an object of national importance, in which case the photographer may be perceived as a spy.
- Do not touch other people's things (even if they lie in the middle of the street), you may be mistaken for a thief, and theft in Dubai is punished very severely.
- Outside the water park or the beach you can not be in a bathing suit or beachwear.
- You can not dress too openly, for example, to expose the legs above the knee or show most of the chest.
- Entering into any conflicts is also not recommended, it can cost you dearly.
- Playing with the ball in public places is also not recommended, you will disturb others.
- Punishable and obscene gestures.
- To show feelings on people too it is impossible. So if you decide to kiss or even hug your other half, it is better to do it later in the hotel room.
- By the way, in some hotels, couples who are not married, it is not recommended to live in a room together.
- The use, distribution or possession of drugs is punishable by life imprisonment or the death penalty. But the list of narcotic drugs includes some of the tools that we all used to take, for example, pain or cough. So find out in advance a list of such funds.
- You can not dance in public and in public places.
- It is forbidden to smoke in inappropriate places.
- Making noise or behaving indecently is also prohibited.
In general, going for a walk, it's best to take money with you, because you can fined almost on level ground.
How to move?
Transport in Dubai is very developed, there are so many of its types, as there are not in most European countries. Here are some travel options:
- Taxi. A lot of machines, so do not have to wait long.
- More budget option - buses, they are also a lot.
- In 2009, the Dubai Metro was opened.
- There is also an innovative mode of transport - a monorail.
- In 2012, a tram was launched in one of the districts of the capital of Dubai.
- You can navigate in water on water buses.
- You can also ride on a water taxi.
Where to stay?
Hotels in Dubai are different: budget, for the middle class and for the richest. But there are not so many guest houses and hostels, because there is simply no point to go here with a small amount (this is what the government of the emirate thinks).
If you prefer to enjoy your meal, then in Dubai you will absolutely love it.There are incredibly many various cafes and restaurants for every taste and budget. You can taste the dishes of almost any cuisine in the world: Italian, Indian, Thai, Indonesian, French, American, Filipino, Australian and many others.
But remember that the majority of institutions where you can eat, begin to work in the evening after dark (these are the religious characteristics of the UAE).
Things to do?
What can you do in Dubai? There are several options:
- There are a lot of various entertainment complexes in which you can have a great rest with children. There are a lot of attractions, slot machines.
- Do you want to plunge into the underwater world? Then choose some water fun. This could be, for example, diving or even pearls from the bottom of the Persian Gulf.
- Go to the beach. The beaches of Dubai are incredibly beautiful and clean.
- You can visit the tour.
- If you have extra money (although they are rarely superfluous), then by all means spend it on shopping. In Dubai, you can buy almost anything.
- Visit one of Dubai's parks, all of them are very beautiful.
- Be sure to take a boat ride.
- Here you can go in for sports.
- Go to the indoor ski resort "Ski Dubai", located in the entertainment center "Mall of the Emirates."
- Visit one of the festivals, they arrange here quite often.
What to see in Dubai? Here are the most interesting places:
- Be sure to take a look at the largest aquarium located in the entertainment center "Dubai".
- Burj Khalifa is the tallest skyscraper that ever existed in the world. Its height is as much as 828 meters! The building has 163 floors and more than 50 elevators, moving at a speed of 18 meters per second.
- The Burj Al-Arab is a hotel in the form of a sail, it is one of the most luxurious and luxurious in the world.
- Dubai Fountain is a unique musical fountain whose height of jets is about 150 meters.
- It is worth seeing a sculpture called "Together", which is an Arab couple in traditional clothes. This masterpiece is made of black granite and white marble.
- Bastakiya is an old and very beautiful part of Dubai.
- Be sure to go to the Dubai Museum.
- Palm Island is an archipelago of man-made artificial islands. People already live on the Palm Jumeirah, Palm Jebel Ali is also gradually settling in, and Palm Deira is the newest.
Be sure to go to Dubai, but carefully prepare for this trip.
Features of swaddling a newborn
Rustic Style Needle
Making cake with mastic
How to eat in the city center for free: actions about which restaurants are silent
Cloth Flower Stands