Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake with Citrus Salad
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
large egg whites
pinch kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
grapefruit (1 red, 1 yellow)
1/4 c. fresh mint leaves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, sift the flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Add any sugar remaining in the sifter to the flour mixture.
- Using an electric mixer (be sure the bowl is very clean), whisk together the egg whites and salt until foamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cream of tartar and whisk on high until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
- While whisking, gradually add 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, until stiff glossy peaks form, 3 minutes. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. In four additions, sift the flour mixture over the top, gently folding to incorporate between additions; fold in any remaining sugar.
- Transfer the batter into a 9- by 4-inch deep tube pan. Bake until cake is light golden brown and springs back when lightly touched, 40 to 45 minutes. (This time is for a light-colored cake pan. If using a dark cake pan, check after 30 to 35 minutes.)
- Invert the pan over a cooling rack on its feet (if the pan does not have feet, invert over a heavy bottle). Once cool, use a blunt knife to release it from the pan.
- Meanwhile, cut the peel and white pith from the citrus, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Finely grate in the lime zest, then squeeze in 1 tablespoon juice. Gently toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar; fold in the mint. Serve with the cake.
Video: How To Make Grapefruit Angel Food Shortcake
How to Fastpitch in Softball
How to Clean Your Penis
31 Stylish Ways to Rock Cornrows
Stay Neutral with the Latest Colour Crush at Rebecca Minkoff
Outfits with Mom Jeans–25 Chic Ideas How to wear Mom Jeans
How to Live Well with Down Syndrome (Teens)
Summer-Proof Your Home
Acrylamide in Diet leads to Heart Risks, so avoid Fried Foods
Try This Quick Butt-Firming Move
The Best Microbreweries in Beijing
How Long After A Tattoo Can You Go Swimming – Soaking New Ink
All the times the Queen and Prince Philip gave us RelationshipGoals
4 Fall Makeup Looks You HAVE to Try (At LeastOnce)
Date: 06.12.2018, 15:59 / Views: 61151