A bright and incredible Clarky flower
The beautiful and bright annual flower - Clarky - began its journey around the world in 1806 with the help of William Clark, the leader of the expedition to North America, who brought it to the European continent along with other representatives of the North American flora.
A few years later, one of the varieties was discovered in Chile, and today the cultivation of Clarkia is available to almost any grower, even a beginner, since this plant is unpretentious and does not require special care. Flowers are used as decoration both for the garden and for the house, since the crop does not fade for a long time.
Features and varieties
Clarkia is an annual crop with straight, branched stems, belonging to the family of the females. It is able to reach from 25 to 90 cm in height, and at the end of the growing season, its stem becomes stiff. The flower of the plant, as seen in the photo, is simple and double, consists of 4 petals and is painted in various shades and their combinations: pink, orange, white, etc.
The peduncle of the culture grows out of the leafy sinuses and has an elongated shape. The leaves come in various shapes and colors, and the flowering period lasts from mid-July to September. Reproduction of cultural plantations is self-sowing.
Today, more than 30 varieties are known, but only 3 of them are used for growing on private plots. They are often present in the compositions of flower beds, planted in containers and pots, and dwarf species are great for arranging border landscapes in the garden:
- Clarkia is pretty. This variety belongs to the dwarf species and is able to grow only up to 40 cm in height. Its dense shoots have a dark green shade with a pronounced blue shimmer. Flowers in racemes, slightly loose inflorescences are small - up to 2 cm - and are simple or terry. The variety blooms for about 3 months, and the flowering period begins earlier compared to other varieties. Color usually pink or purple;
- Clarkia is elegant. This variety is often used by breeders to obtain new species - today received more than 10 hybrids with terry or simple inflorescences.In addition, new varieties are often multicolored and it is often quite difficult to determine which color is their primary color. Flowers are hemispherical, arranged in the form of brushes or singly. The bush often reaches 1 meter in height and has pointed leaves. The most famous hybrids are: Brilliant, Feuergarbe, Albatross, and Salamon Quinn;
- Clarkia Breveri. This flower a little later than the rest began to be mastered by landscape designers and used in garden compositions. It is quite frost-resistant and does not require additional seedling. This species has branched stems, which are located in the form of a dense bush and pink flowers, located at the top of the stem. These plantings exude a pleasant aroma.
How to grow flowers?
Clarkia is an annual, and therefore its reproduction is possible only by seeds. In the open ground, seeds can be planted both in spring and autumn, and autumn species will bloom with the arrival of summer, and spring - in early August. It is recommended to sow seeds immediately on a permanent plot - so they grow faster and develop better, and flowering becomes more prolonged:
- before planting seeds, the soil is properly loosened, humus or additional dressing in the form of fertilizers is added to it;
- along the perimeter of the planted plot of land, it is necessary to make 3-centimeter grooves into which seeds are sown;
- After the procedure, the ground must be slightly compacted.
It is possible to grow crops not only from seeds, but also with the help of seedlings. Seeds for seedlings need to be planted in early April - this method is usually used for growing hybrid varieties. It is best to use peat pots for seedlings, since later the root system with this method is not injured during the transfer of the plant to the open ground.
To grow seedlings in boxes, you will need a mixture of soil from leafy ground, humus, peat and sand, which is poured into a container before planting. Next, the earth is disinfected with a solution of potassium permanganate, and only after that the seeds are sown. Following them, they are slightly sprinkled with earth and watered with a spray bottle, and then covered with a film. Shoots usually appear after 2 weeks.
Seedlings need regular, but not very abundant watering. To prevent the seedlings from being pulled out, it is necessary to arrange additional lighting, and as the daylight increases, the backlight is gradually removed.When the sprouts reach a height of 14-15 cm, they are pinched: after that, new dense branches begin to actively form.
Planting in the ground is carried out at the end of May, but if by this time the bushes had grown strongly, you can do it in the middle of the month, since the plants are relatively cold-resistant and will tolerate short-term temperature drops.
For disembarking, it is necessary to choose a suitable territory - it will take root in the lighted areas, and in partial shade. One should only avoid acidic and heavy clay soils, on which plantations grow very poorly.
How to care about the culture?
For proper growth and development of clarke, it is necessary to comply with some conditions for the care of a plant:
- moderately water the crop during the growing season;
- make sure that water does not stagnate in the wheel circle - the plant does not tolerate stagnant moisture and starts to hurt, so do not water it abundantly;
- regularly feed plants (at least 1 time per month). For the procedure, it is recommended to use complex fertilizers;
- timely thinning - do not allow abundant growth of the culture - it is necessarysticking a distance of 13-15 cm between the trunks - this will allow the bushes to become more dense due to the growth of branches.
After flowering, the vegetation must be removed and the soil should be dug, but not too deep - next year the seeds that have fallen from the plants will come up again. In winter, plantings, special care is not required.
The network has a new clip of Michael Jackson
Sinabon - fragrant and tasty buns
How to apply for a loan
50 illustrations of a sexy bbw named Hilda. It is impossible not to fall in love
Than useful oxygen cocktails