10 most famous chypre fragrances in the world
All fragrances are divided into certain categories, and one of them is thorny. And what are the spirits related to this group, which are the most popular?
What are chypre aromas?
Before listing the popular chypre perfumes, one should understand what, in general, lies in the concept of “chypre”. The name of the group comes from the French word "Chypre", which means the name of the island of Cyprus. And if you have been there at least once, you will surely understand what a chypre scent is. It is on this island that oak mosses grow, which are commonly used as an odor base.
If you are not lucky enough to visit Cyprus, then you can imagine how the autumn forest smells after the rain that has just passed. In addition, the main component of the fragrance is bergamot. The result is a fairly clear and rich composition with some notes of earthiness, wood and fresh citrus. Also included in the composition sometimes includes an amber, patchouli, sandalwood and some not very bright citrus.
Chypre aromas are more suitable for mature women. They are especially relevant in winter, when fresh smells may seem overly intrusive and catchy.
The most famous flavors
Top 10 most popular chypre fragrances in the world:
- "CHANEL №19"Is a legendary classic. The spirits came back in 1970 and were created by Henri Robert. This smell is feminine, bold, elegant, interesting and many-sided, it suits pretty mature, confident and sexy women. Top sound is represented by notes of bergamot, greenery, galbanum, hyacinth and neroli. In the heart of the fragrance are jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris, narcissus, roses and lilies of the valley. And at the end there is a light plume of oak moss, sandalwood, white cedar, leather and vetiver. Such a complex multi-component composition envelops with velvet chypre mist and makes you dive into nostalgia. And although the aroma is quite rich, most women think that it is suitable for spring.
- Mitsouko Guerlain- women's fragrance, belonging to the category of chypre fruit. He appeared back in 1919, but still remains a classically fashionable one.Jacques Guerlain created these spirits under the influence of a unique and original Eastern culture, which at the beginning of the last century was only beginning to unfold and travel around the world. Translated from Japanese, the name means “secret”, and it fully reveals the essence of the fragrance, which allows you to emphasize such a versatile, multifaceted, mysterious and mysterious female nature. Top notes are bergamot, rose, citrus and jasmine. In the heart of the smell is lilac, ylang-ylang, jasmine, rose and peach. The base consists of oak moss, cinnamon, spice, amber and vetiver.
- "Aromatics Elixir Clinique"- This is a floral chypre fragrance that was released in 1971. Top sound reveals aldehydes, bergamot, geranium, rosewood, lemon verbena, nutmeg sage, chamomile, coriander. The heart of the fragrance is made up of accents of iris, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, rose, clove and tuberose. The base is formed by the chords of incense, oak moss, vetiver, musk and patchouli. Such a difficult multicomponent composition forms a real magic elixir, which will appeal to all the fair sex, regardless of age.This is real magic that will allow you to rediscover the world and see its different colors. And you can play the best moments in memory.
- "Eau du Soir" from "Sisley". This fragrance company released in 1990. It can be described as deep, classic, elegant and refined. At the same time, he is thin, exciting, mysterious and intoxicating. This is how a real sexy and sensual woman should smell. Smell will highlight the charm, sophistication and elegance. Top notes are mandarin and grapefruit. In the heart of the fragrance, there are chords of ylang-ylang, jasmine, sering, patchouli, rose, iris, lily of the valley, incense, carnation, juniper and oak moss. The basis is represented by musk and ambergris, which form a gentle enveloping plume.
- "Bandit" from "Robert Piguet"belongs to the category of floral chypre and is also a constant classic. It was released back in 1944 and recreated according to the original recipe in 1999, after which it reappeared on sale. These spirits are associated in many with femininity, elegance, excellent taste and impeccable style. Top sound is revealed with the help of aldehydes, gardenia, orange, artemisia, galbanum, bergamot, neroli,ylang ylang and orange. In the heart of the fragrance, you can find notes of violet, clove, jasmine, tuberose and rose. And the base is leather, vetiver, oak moss, coconut, patchouli, civet, musk, myrtle and amber.
- «Ricci Ricci Nina Ricci». This fragrance appeared relatively recently (in 2009), but already managed to become one of the best in the world. It belongs to the group of floral chypre and is a feminine, sensual and bright composition that allows you to see something new and previously unknown. Spirits will present devilish seductiveness and will make any woman the most desired. The top notes are green rhubarb and bergamot. In the heart you can hear the sound of roses, tuberose and dope. And all this is underlined by a charming patchouli and sandalwood train.
- "Dioressence Christian Dior"Is a sensual and deep chypre fragrance that was created in 1979 and, of course, became a real classic, having grown fond of many women. Perfume was announced as a luxurious and feminine mystery of the East, which is told by the difficult language of the floral chypre, saturated with animalistic, spicy and balsamic notes. The sound of the smell begins with the chords of patchouli, bergamot,orange and aldehydes. Violet, iris, rose, tuberose, ylang-ylang, geranium, cinnamon, jasmine and cloves are revealed in the heart. This tune ends with vetiver, vanilla, oakmoss, benzoin, patchouli and musk.
- Coco Mademoiselle Parfum Chanel. And although officially this fragrance belongs to the group of oriental flower, it can also be considered chypre, as it has characteristics of this category. The smell is quite spicy, floral, but saturated with notes of freshness. Top sound is represented by orange, grapefruit and bergamot. In the heart can be traced lychee, rose and jasmine. And the base consists of vanilla, musk, vetiver and patchouli.
- Perfume"Gucci by Gucci Eau de Toilette"were released in 2008. Top notes are pear and guava. In the heart of the chords of neroli, tiara and lily of the valley. The base consists of musk, honey and patchouli.
- «Diorella»- this is the smell of the free 70s of the last century, in which fresh floral chypre notes are heard. The smell symbolizes independence, uniqueness and dynamism. The top notes are represented by basil and Sicilian lemon. The heart sounds with chords of peach and honeysuckle. And the base is the accents of oak moss and vetiver.
These were the most famous chypre fragrances.Do you have such perfumes?
The forgotten technique of bargello, or the limitless possibilities of Florentine embroidery
Depression, or why we torture ourselves
Gift Packaging Delicate Flower
Some secrets of repair
Ashley Graham criticizes Victoria’s Secret show
Turn the bucket into a mini ottoman
How to dry meat